News from Hull

• 2 Replies

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
News from Hull
« on: August 01, 2008, 17:22 »
Our site is having a little excitement this week. Apparently the man from the council made a visit and those people with overrun plots are being served notice to quit in 14 days.

I am totally in support of this action, but surprised it has never happened before. our tenancy agreements require us to keep the land in a state for cultivation. Plots with 4ft high couch grass do no one any favours so the sooner they become cultivated again the better for all.

I have also been after an extra plot so this suits my plan. However there are 16 people waiting and 14 plots evicted. I just hope my kind friendly nature and winning smile get me in the list and the plot behind the one I have :)

So if you are in hull looking for a plot get hassling the council now. I dont think we will ever get this chance again.
Patrick
Hull, East yorkshire

crowndale

News from Hull
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 19:26 »
lucky you.  I have a half sized plot in cott and am not allowed to rejoin the queue for a second one becoz of the length of the wait list.  this despite some old timers having 4 or more half plots.  now I don't object to them keeping their plots, they tend to be the best kept anyway, but I do think its a bit tight to not allow new comers the right to rejoin the end of the list and wait for another plot.  moan over!!  and hope you get a second plot.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Lee1978

News from Hull
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 21:16 »
Having the same sort of bother up here, we are hoping to get 2 people booted off as their plots are an eye sore. Makes me angry when there is such a large waiting list :evil:

xx
Hello from hull

Started by rich.h44 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 18, 2010, 19:49
by DavidT
xx
manure in hull

Started by peterjf on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 15, 2021, 18:42
by Yorkie
xx
Horticultural suppliers near Hull

Started by BigPaddy on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 13, 2010, 00:23
by peterjf
xx
hull garden centre potatoes

Started by Rampant_Weasel on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 11, 2015, 11:47
by Rampant_Weasel

Page created in 0.604 seconds with 28 queries.