oopppps ive got the bug!

• 8 Replies

chickchick

oopppps ive got the bug!
« on: July 31, 2008, 21:52 »
ive just ordered a Sussex hybrid and may get a Speckledy as well whilst Im there to add to the other 3, oooppppps Ive got the bug, but i love them, pick them up on the 8th so in time for our anniv,so that will be hubby pressie from me, a chicken,that will ruffle his feathers!!

mumsy

oopppps ive got the bug!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 22:01 »
Thats great news chickchick, its sooo addictive isn't it? did you incorporate a separate part for new arrivals in your new hen house? Its the one thing we all forget, as we don't think we are going to get any more :roll:  :roll:    :D  :D  :D

chickchick

oopppps ive got the bug!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 22:08 »
ohhh no i havent got a seperate part, will they be ok do you think? dont want to go upsetting any of the girls!
they are funny as they expect grass and corn in the afternoons when i pop in and sit in the run with them, cheeky girls! my 2 yr old daughter absolutely loves them and has been feeding them from her hand, she gets very upset when i tell her its time to leave them alone!

mumsy

oopppps ive got the bug!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 22:18 »
Its always best to keep them apart for a few days,  they need to be able to see each other also pop their food near the others too, at night you can put them in the hen house, then separate in the morning again.  Should only take a few days.  When you do put them together there will be squabbling which can be a little distressing, but they soon sort the pecking order out.

chickchick

oopppps ive got the bug!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 22:22 »
thanks mumsy, glad you warned me, dont want no sad chickens!

Vember

oopppps ive got the bug!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 22:24 »
Will you be able to sort out another run Chickchick ?

I have to admitt that i've never done it with mine,
just put them in the shed then let em out an hour before bedtime to mix with the others.
There has been the odd squabble but never had any major problems :?

Hope all goes ok for you all :) An a (Early) Happy Anniversary  to you both :D

chickchick

oopppps ive got the bug!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 22:33 »
thanks vember, can section off a bit of the run, so shoud be ok. decided to cook something for anniversary but NOT chicken! actually my son (11) doesnt want to eat chicken anymore, cos he loves them so much! said to him if w hada cow would burgers be out then and he said no they are not as nice as our chickens?! :lol: funny lad

poultrygeist

oopppps ive got the bug!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 09:30 »
It's a slippery slope I tell ya !!  :D

You'll need a sign on the gate to sell your eggs soon.

And if you take your lad to see calves, lambs and piglets, that should send him vegetarian !  :wink:

Rob  8)

chickchick

oopppps ive got the bug!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 18:18 »
funny rob hes never said it when hes seen piglets, lambs etc, i think it must be cos they are seen to him as his pets and not animals, if that makes sense! ive just confused myself, need a liedown i think!

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 36 queries.