Caterpillars

• 9 Replies

ytyynycefn

• http://www.ytyynycefn.com/5.html
Caterpillars
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:23 »
Hi all,

Went down to the plot this morning to pick some neeps and tatties (hessian sack in the shed, not in the ground!) to go with my haggis and Aberlour tonight, and thought I'd pick some perpetual spinach for my green fix.  Not only was there lots of new baby leaves, but I found a blooming caterpillar hiding in there!  Bright green, think it was a cabbage white.  Anyone else finding any?

muntjac

Caterpillars
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:27 »
i have loads crissies under the arch of my shed i have 3  buddlia in my garden and i love them  peacocks n all sorts , i spray the path with warm water and sugar n they line up like spitfires on the concrete lol i couldnt harm them one of of lifes miracles in my book ,if they lay on my veggies i just cut that leaf off and put it in the hedgerow  sorry i am a big softie lolo :oops:
still alive /............

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Caterpillars
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:43 »
I've found a few tiny ones in the sprouts

Flower

Caterpillars
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 23:57 »
I found a huge fat limegreen caterpiller as I was layering the straw and cow poo last Sunday. It was lurking in the straw so I found it a nice new home on next doors cabbage. It could have been a very rare butterfly.It has a nice new home with lots to eat and no one to disturb it till the late spring when the sun shines and the cabbages should be big.....That was naughty but it deserves a second chance.

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Caterpillars
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 06:50 »
Quote from: "Flower"
I found a huge fat limegreen caterpiller as I was layering the straw and cow poo last Sunday. It was lurking in the straw so I found it a nice new home on next doors cabbage. It could have been a very rare butterfly.It has a nice new home with lots to eat and no one to disturb it till the late spring when the sun shines and the cabbages should be big.....That was naughty but it deserves a second chance.

a 2nd chance? so it will now grow up and flutter off towards your garden and lay some lovely presents for you.. :)

muntjac

Caterpillars
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 10:26 »
well done flower but you should have left it in the poop  shove it in a nook in the wall or something. mind i like the idea of it eating a nasty tykes cabbage ,but not in winter  sure it would have loved it more warm lolo

Flower

Caterpillars
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 18:17 »
I just like to be naughty sometimes. Of course I could have left it somewhere in the heap but as I turned around in the spur of the moment I was tempted by the sight of the cabbages. It probably would have died in the frost  anyway ,and besides I shall be growing mostly potatoes . Didn't you ever make weedseed bombs as a kid and lob them in that perfect flowerbed in next doors garden. Or chuck a snail over the hedge into a field and miss ,accidentally? Oh where's the spirit of youth and imagination gone?   ....Want to know how to make a weedseed bomb?

muntjac

Caterpillars
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 18:17 »
nah i prefer moles personally  :wink:

Flower

Caterpillars
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 18:49 »
I'm not really advocating the demise of your neighbours veg only that you dont have to kill caterpillers and that some of natures creatures are really rather nice in their own right and stand some thing of a chance.

muntjac

Caterpillars
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 19:01 »
so u put the caterpillar there to give it a better start in life flower awwwwwwwwww i feel a group hug coming on. sssssplatt ok which prat put the catterpillar in the middle of us

xx
caterpillars

Started by shamina on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post August 29, 2007, 21:25
by Sven The Swede
xx
Caterpillars

Started by Zinnia on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 27, 2012, 20:44
by angelavdavis
xx
first caterpillars

Started by goodegg on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 17:44
by goodegg
xx
Caterpillars

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 05, 2009, 18:33
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.741 seconds with 37 queries.