SORRY!! FOR NOT BELIEVING YOU ALL !!

• 19 Replies

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
« on: July 24, 2008, 15:41 »
Iam so sorry for not believing that a courgette plant can produce so many courgettes :oops:  I was able to make chocolate courgette cake today and that needed 500grams of courgettes!!

Jazzbyrd
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

nipper31

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 16:26 »
What are you doing to make them grow :?:  My three plants have produced two tiny courgettes so far and one of them is going rotten  :cry:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 16:34 »
I'm now supplying my daughter's restaurant!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 16:35 »
Ive got to try these next year..the only thing is....

Do we like corguettes? I cant remember if I do anyway!

:D  :D
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 16:50 »
nipper~~ its funny but when I planted the courgettes and dug a hole filled with well rotted manure! I  topped the manure with some compost and planted the courgettes in it !! I have done nothing else since except water. everyday i think I wont have to pick anymore for quite a few days but the next day another seems to have grown a few inches!! This one is a yellow one called orelia. I have one called black beauty that isn't so prolific at the moment.....I am not sure why.

Jazzy

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 17:22 »
courgettes seem a mystery this year.  I bought 2 plants at the sametime as my daughter.  hers are brilliant, mine a rubbish.  none at all on the green one and the yellow one grows a few to about 2" then hey go mouldy.
thank goodness her's are plentiful as she is giving them to me !!! Mrs. Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Oliveview

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 17:50 »
So it isn´t just me in SPain that has mouldy courgettes then.  I picked 4 today at 2 inches long- before they go mouldy on me :(   Neighbour said it was down to the excessive heat here that they had rotted.  I´m overrun with aubergines now-  last year my plant didn´t produce many, this year I planted 8 plants and they are all doing well, except another plant I grew from seed, that has been in the garden for 2 months or more and is still tiny!  It might mature one day :lol:
Pamela

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 18:03 »
Still waiting for the courgettes to even think about growing over here in Oswestry at the moment.  The squashes, pumpkins and cucumbers are all being lazy too.  Not a thing of any of them

Oliveview

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 21:56 »
I had 2 ´Nice de Rond´ or a name  something like that growing, a mole chomped through the roots on one plant and the other plant had hundreds of leaves and a very funny shaped main ´body´ it is very wide and flat :?  I looked today and there are no flowers at all, nothing, nada, zilch.  Just this massive body.  I think it is a monster ready to take over the world :shock: .  The body is ridged too.  Strange or normal for this sort of courgette?
Pamela

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
Re: SORRY!! FOR NOT BELIEVING YOU ALL !!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 22:43 »
Quote from: "jazzbyrd"
Iam so sorry for not believing that a courgette plant can produce so many courgettes :oops:  I was able to make chocolate courgette cake today and that needed 500grams of courgettes!!

Jazzbyrd

Would love the recipe, ive made carrot cake but not courgette cake.

compostqueen

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 22:48 »
you can make carrot cake from yellow courgettes. Sssshhh  8)

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 22:58 »
Well I made the cake but it got a thumbs down from my husband ~who loves cake! I believe once he knew it had courgettes in it he made up his mind not to like it. In his defence I would agree its not the best chocolate cake I have made.

Here is the link for the recipe ~ if anyone else tries it please let me know what you think.
http://www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/recipe_pdf_version.php?recipeid=414&catid=8

Jazzy

compostqueen

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 23:02 »
you don't fess up to the courgettes  :!:

Johnny Norfolk

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 23:36 »
If you want a good crop water well every day and feed once a week. The hotter it gets the more water they need.
Support The Country Way of Life

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 07:26 »
people are already walking away from me when they see I have a carrier bag in my hand!! I cannot give mine away now :) Plus 6 plants haven't started fruiting yet *gulp*

Page created in 0.403 seconds with 37 queries.