How Long do you spend on your plot?

• 37 Replies

jannie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 15:11 »
It really depends on the weather , i'm no good in weather like this to hot  :( so spend no more than a couple of hours in the evening when it cools down, i can be a tad obsessive so i have to limit my time spent up the lottie oh gets p****d with me :twisted:  also have a good size garden so spend hours in there get really down if cant get my fix ,spend more time in the spring and autumn as do everyone else, plant so much no room for weeds  :lol: jan

SalJ1980

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 18:39 »
Oooh, interesting question, and answers!

I have a half-plot, and at the moment spend about 6 hours a week on it, though when I first got it in May I was there for about 20 hours a week for the first few weeks! My main issue was that I was training for my first triathlon, so found that I was having to 'steal' plot time from training time - and let's face it, I'd far rather go digging than running! Now I've done the race so can dedicate more time to the plot when I need to (although I've just entered another event in October!).

Anyway, I get to the plot for an hour or two 2-3 nights a week, and for most of the day either Saturday or Sunday (and sometimes both). I'm always amazed how slowly my weeds seem to grow (sorry, I'm not bragging!  :lol: ) as I go up there expecting forests and there are very little. Just goes to show that a little and often works.
Sal

Organic...so far!

kyoto49

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 19:10 »
Oh my gosh, I'm lucky if I get 2 hours a  week on mine - it does show though!  

I plant all at once when I get a spare mo, and harvest where possible, and the rest of the time is spent weeding.  I know you're asking what rest of time.  me too!

crackedflowerpots

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 19:27 »
we spend as many hours over there as we can, rain or shine, hot or cold, wet or dry, sober or  :oops:  and its still not enough!  8)  8) there is always a job that you can do to make the plot nicer
we have had our allotment for 10 years or so and are learning from neighbours who have just started as well as the old 'uns (though thats us now i suppose :oops:  :oops: )
some people may think we need to get a life but in our eyes we have :wink:
(ps ive just started the 1st day of a 5 week holiday  by spending the whole day in glorious sunshine weeding my parsnips (ready for Christmas dinner) spotting our first ripening tomato, picking runner beans, french beans, lettuce, spring onion, beetroot, carrots and digging potatoes and getting in a tin bath of water to freshen up and OH picked me up and brought me home as well as picking gherkins which i have recently pickled and having pilchard salad in a moment so i am biased  8)  :lol: )

oh we watered our veggies and flowers  too! 8)
if that aint heaven .... i dont wanna go there! :wink:
if it grows, it grows! if it doesnt ,, ah well .. there's always next year. :-)

paintedlady

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 11:33 »
Quote from: "Tugster"
To be honest most of my time is spemt gassing to the other people and not doing what I am ment to be doing!!

Now that's an honest answer :lol:
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

Danny-Duck

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 07:25 »
I'm normally there everyday and spend approx 2 hours there,sometimes longer if time permits.To be honest you could stay all day but you have to walk away (theres always something to do).
Winter time i still try to go everyday,even if its just a quick look in just to check things are secure etc.
Cheers Alan

mikem

• Experienced Member
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 14:58 »
Ping for earlier entry re time you need on spend on your allotment.

tracy-fuerteventura

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 15:27 »
what a good question well its made me think you dont realise where the time goes till you actually stop and think about it...
been in and out of garden/veg plot, all day started at 9am and i think ive had enough for today i am quite lucky though for many reasons
over hear we dont have any allotments but i have a massive garden which i have dedicated an area for purley "my allotment area" so i dont have to travel to tend my plot  :lol: also the weather, i am of course blessed with nearly all year round sinshine but that does mean i water 24 7
i reckon in a week i spend at least 8 to 15 hours a week xx

xx
I am just wondering how long everyone spends at their plot per week?

Started by bashful_badger on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post September 10, 2009, 11:30
by veggirl
xx
How much time do you spend admiring your plants?

Started by sharky on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 07, 2008, 14:01
by Alex 98
xx
how long would it take

Started by rem858 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post December 06, 2010, 15:17
by Kleftiwallah
xx
It won't be long now!

Started by mumsy on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post January 01, 2009, 23:17
by unaspenser

Page created in 0.444 seconds with 36 queries.