Post Mortem results

• 19 Replies

Foxy

Post Mortem results
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 21:54 »
Dont worry Mumsy -what I would do is buy some coxoid from a local feed store or over the internet. With the experience poor stella has had might be worth using. Try here at under £6.00 a very good price.It will also help build up their immunuty.
Thats only what I would do though!

http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-3150-coxoid.aspx

Hope this helps! :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Post Mortem results
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 21:59 »
I'd certainly do that Foxy, for peace of mind  :!:

stella

Post Mortem results
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 22:38 »
Hi all

Mumsy, I'd definitely do something if you can. If we had known earlier what the problem was, we might have been able to save our 2.  It's strange as some days they seemed fine, and within hours literally they had turned ill again. Shelby, the last one to die looked absolutely fine on Saturday but the damage to her insides had been done. Also, I'd advise cleaning their poo out every day for a while as it carries the infected spores.

2 of our remaining 4 are worrying me, they are a bit fluffed up and not as bright as they have been the last couple of days. I don't know what else I can do though - they are on medication. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. I've read that the spores (oocysts?) can hang around for ages so its a worry.

Mick - thank you, that was a kind thing to say and made me smile, it has been an upsetting few weeks. And thanks for the link, very helpful.

Thanks everyone....it's nice to talk to people who understand.

Stella

mumsy

Post Mortem results
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 09:25 »
Thanks Foxy, I will do that, does anyone know what the withdrawal period is or can you never use the eggs again?  Have looked up the symptoms & they don't seem to have any except Holly not laying.
Thanks again

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Post Mortem results
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 15:49 »
I found this on the PekinBantams forum where they were taking about eating chickens:

Quote from: "[URL=http://www.pekinbantams.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=29966&sid=5fdbb111f97f0dc3218ef78266b44bfc
Pekin Bantams[/URL]"]Last year I phoned the makers of Coxiod. The official line is that it is not licensed for Poultry and shouldn't be given at all! But the sensible advice from one of their technical people was that a withdrawal period of 8 weeks would be ok. My vet also agreed on 6-8 weeks for the eggs too.
Hope that helps?

xx
Results all round

Started by slowef on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 06, 2008, 22:10
by slowef
xx
Results! Thanks to all for help and advice

Started by janeheritage on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post May 08, 2009, 13:10
by LittleRedHen
xx
Injectable Tyaln results......

Started by Chookiechook on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post January 27, 2011, 19:36
by joyfull
xx
Hello 1st Post

Started by Carolann on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 22, 2013, 12:20
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 36 queries.