octagon 10 humidity help

• 16 Replies

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
octagon 10 humidity help
« on: July 22, 2008, 14:24 »
i have an octagon 10 incy, which i have just put 10 eggs in. I have a hygrometer in there (against manufact recommendations but want to avoid the weighing thing if i can) and i cant get it above 39. i have covered one of the holes, and only one of the wells is full. my worry is that if i fill the other well what am i going to do at hatch time when i need to increase humidity further, as instructiions say def not to cover both holes.....any ideas please?

Vember

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 15:01 »
pop a container of some sort in the incy with some water in it ???

Soz no real help I only have the Rcom 3,
anything bigger & I'd have way tooo many chicks I just wouldn't be able to help myself  :lol:

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
    • Fanciful Faces
octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 16:06 »
lol... i didnt buy this one...my dad got it for me cos the one i could afford was a bit useless...i think i will fill the other side then and by the time they are due to hatch i am bound to have lost some eggs so will have room for a pot to add extra... fingers crossed....watch now, this time they will all be fertile...lol.....

Paddywack

• Experienced Member
octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 17:25 »
Hi chooknewbie,

Towards the end of my incubator hatch I had same problem trying to get humidity right, I ended up getting paper towels, soaking them with warm water screwing them up in to a ball and putting in front of the fan.

What breed of chicken do you have, and how many hens to a cock?

Good luck this time

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
    • Fanciful Faces
octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 17:30 »
aye up... to be honest i have no idea what these eggs are!... my farmer friend got them ready for my hubby to pick up and there ya go...as much as i know...lol...at present i have no cock...rehomed him....i might get one out of this hatch....no need for one other than the obvious so if i manage to hatch these then shouldnt need one really....will be nuff chooks...lol... will just have to try and cross the humidity bridge when i come to it i guess....eeeppppp

too many girls

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 21:18 »
.at present i have no cock..
me neither. :cry:

oh, you mean a cockerel.....................

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
    • Fanciful Faces
octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 21:25 »
lmao...ohhhhhhhhh....you are Nnnauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughty with a capital Nugh!

too many girls

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 21:35 »
chookie you should have seen what we were talking about last week!

Kate and her Ducks

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 21:44 »
I'm not joining in again though. Don't want to get sent to the naughty step :wink:
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
    • Fanciful Faces
octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 21:54 »
would that be the one with the big teeth and floppy ears????? :oops:  :shock:  :o  :wink:   heh heh...

too many girls

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 23:44 »
yep

Kate and her Ducks

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 23:48 »
How's fox watch going? Think I would be shattered if I was keeping the hours you are to keep an eye on them. Then again my hours aren't that great :shock:  :(

too many girls

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 00:03 »
fox watch is going fine, learning to sleep with one eye open, daddy got his magnets delivered today (something to do with the fox trap he made out of caspers kennel) so hopefully we can trap him soon, don't like the idea of shooting a trapped fox (even if he is a murdering b*****d) so plan B will be to take him many many miles away and release him, (cropton forrest in north yorkshire?) or poss floss's cemetary in Egton? very few farms so hopefully he won't bother anyone elses chooks, Elwood's still got no cock a doodle doo  so looks like he's going to be a silent cockerel :(  and lonely lost her t shirt today, she went out with it on and came back without it, it could be anywhere on the farm, will have a hunt for it tomorrow, she's been dust bathing so not only is she bald but filthy too, in fact she looks plain awful.............
thought i'd better edit the swear word, oops

Kate and her Ducks

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 20:01 »
Know what you mean about killing something that is already trapped just doesn't seem right no matter what they have done. In your case might be able to make an exception for the fox but am not sure. Suppose I just have a problem with the death penalty :?

too many girls

octagon 10 humidity help
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 22:21 »
i think it would take a hard heart to kill an animal that's trapped already, i could quite easily free him if i knew he couldn't come back and do it again, of course cropton forrest is about 2 hours drive away and i would be giving him a stern telling off all the way, he'd have a good old earache by the time he got there.

xx
Octagon 10 incubator

Started by kimT on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 01, 2009, 17:13
by Briony
xx
Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 05, 2011, 21:16
by joyfull
xx
Brinsea Octagon 20 advice please

Started by Rubellite on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post May 30, 2009, 19:54
by Foxy
xx
Advice on incubation with an Octagon 10 please!

Started by Natasha2810 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 22, 2009, 18:54
by Foxy

Page created in 0.499 seconds with 36 queries.