Advice for Lonely.

• 32 Replies

too many girls

Advice for Lonely.
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:52 »

This is Lonely when i got her 6 weeks ago, she was being picked on relentlessly by the other girls so we seperated her on the second day, when all the others were under house arrest Lonely was still let out with pauline under supervision, now all of them free range all day (with me on fox watch) they've started picking on her again, we tried spraying her with purple sray but that just made it worse,  plus the cockerel only fancies lonely and hasn't touched any of the others, when i put her to bed last night her back was red raw and sore, and the top of her wings, i've thought about ordering a poultry saddle but her back is so sore i feel it would irritate and hurt her and it won't protect her wings,  i don't want to keep her shut away (she hasn't been let out today and is chuntering a bucketfull)  i don't  want to keep the main group shut away either, so how can i protect her and what is the best  treatment for her back?  any ideas would be most appreciated.
by the way pauline has made a complete recovery and is laying (yipee)
she put herself to bed in the hen house 3 nights ago so i figure she wants to be part of the gang again.

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 11:43 »
Aww bless her, she looks like poppy did when we got her, got no advice for you as ive only got girls but im sure you will get some good advice from others.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
Re: Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:53 »
Quote from: "too many girls"

This is Lonely when i got her 6 weeks ago, she was being picked on relentlessly by the other girls so we seperated her on the second day, when all the others were under house arrest Lonely was still let out with pauline under supervision, now all of them free range all day (with me on fox watch) they've started picking on her again, we tried spraying her with purple sray but that just made it worse,  plus the cockerel only fancies lonely and hasn't touched any of the others, when i put her to bed last night her back was red raw and sore, and the top of her wings, i've thought about ordering a poultry saddle but her back is so sore i feel it would irritate and hurt her and it won't protect her wings,  i don't want to keep her shut away (she hasn't been let out today and is chuntering a bucketfull)  i don't  want to keep the main group shut away either, so how can i protect her and what is the best  treatment for her back?  any ideas would be most appreciated.
by the way pauline has made a complete recovery and is laying (yipee)
she put herself to bed in the hen house 3 nights ago so i figure she wants to be part of the gang again.

when i got my ex batts, evie was a sorry looking sight. and was picked on very badly. once she got her t shirts, she found her confidence and it covered her sore bits so less tempting to be pecked.

she's a brave bold girlie now. and you would never beleive how she used to look.

if you'd like, pm me your address and i'll send you one,

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 11:57 »
Babe they are fab, did you make them? Do they come in adult sizes? :D  :lol: seriously what a great idea. Ours wernt bad feather wise on their backs but daisy had no feathers atall on her neck.

Roughlee Handled

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 11:59 »
After I stopped laughing I realised it was a very very good idea.  Well done babe. I will remember that one.
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 12:07 »
Quote from: "Roughlee Handled"
After I stopped laughing I realised it was a very very good idea.  Well done babe. I will remember that one.

Bet you are a boy because i bet any girl looking at the pics would just think how cute evie looks. Pink gets girls everytime. :lol:

Roughlee Handled

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:14 »
Quote from: "mtoyne"

Bet you are a boy because ................ :lol:

I was a man last time I looked.  Though the missus says I act like a child.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 12:56 »
Quote from: "Roughlee Handled"
Quote from: "mtoyne"

Bet you are a boy because ................ :lol:

I was a man last time I looked..

you need to look to make sure :?:  :?:  :lol:  :lol: i always imagined that you blokeys could feel certain things flip flapping about. :roll:

Roughlee Handled

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 13:10 »
I am a male version of the species. Thank god our species dont do the "foul" sex change thing.  see thead

too many girls

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 14:16 »
Roughlee your a northernerXGeordie, not a good combination, what did your wife say when you asked her about the rabbit?

Roughlee Handled

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 14:20 »
She said she thought this forum was for chickens.   :lol:

too many girls

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 14:20 »
Babe, did you get my pm? only it's still showing in my out box.

too many girls

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 14:26 »
Roughlee, i'm getting confused a bit now too, i saw the new thread about a guinea pig and thought, wow, haven't heard of that one......................

Roughlee Handled

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 14:42 »
:lol:  its a bit like a hampster.  :lol:  :lol:

Hope they trimmed its nails before use.  :oops:  :shock:

LMAO

too many girls

Advice for Lonely.
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 14:43 »
well, i wouldn't kick Richard Hammond out of my bed................................... :D

xx
Advice -lonely hen?

Started by laurax20 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post June 29, 2014, 16:26
by grinling
xx
Lonely poorly, need advice

Started by too many girls on The Hen House

49 Replies
Last post September 18, 2008, 21:59
by chickenlady
xx
Lonely Hen

Started by yorkylover on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 08:24
by joyfull
sad
lonely hen

Started by snowy on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 16:42
by andreadon

Page created in 1.566 seconds with 36 queries.