Freecyclegardener, are you out there?

• 40 Replies

poultrygeist

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 19:53 »
In which case you can go wherever you flippin well like !
If only lack of money wasn't such a drawback.  :roll:

There's an empty bungalow opposite us. The elderly owners were in hospital when we moved here nearly 2 years ago. The wife died last year and the chap is hanging on in case he gets better. Meanwhile it sits empty, completely furnished. Don't know how big a garden it has but the lake is accessible across the neighbours garden. You could knock a hole in the fence and they could waddle down to the water and back.  :)

I reckon about £180k but no real idea.

Rob  :)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 20:07 »
I know, looking forward to picking somewhere I really want rather than picking somewhere out of necessity. Not sure I can approve of bumping off your eldery neighbour though :wink: . The only thing that would put me off is I have this slightly weird thing about sleeping on the ground floor (don't ask, even I think its weird).
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

FCG

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 20:22 »
Hehe Kate, what is your route to Crewe? If it's down the M53 you go through my town not a lovely house, but a lovely location. I probably would come see the ducks and rob your oyster grit but when? Sleeping on the ground floor = perfect for a bungalow.

I wont take a drake! I wont take a drake! I probably will not take a drake!

Rob that sounds idyllic, where are you in Boston? I found a lake on google maps!

Vember i read in the 'where do you come from' thread who where from Cheshire, where about?

poultrygeist

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 20:27 »
There's a thread on one of the forums 'where is your lotty' or something similar. I posted an aerial view on that.
I don't want to post up my address due to psychopaths and debt collectors coming round.
But it's quite a large lake and is next to the North Forty Foot drain, a drainage dyke running North/South on the West of town.

I have slept on so many sofas and camped so many times, I stopped caring, as long as I sleep.

Rob  8)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 20:28 »
No, I skip the M53 (and the tunnel). Where are you? Think you mentioned something about green industrial buildings in a previous post :? . Can't wait not to be in Crewe anymore. The 6:45 out the house starts are killing me. Even the ducks can't be bothered that time of day. In winter they give me that look that says "Are you taking the p*ss!!!?"

Am in most evenings from about 6:30 and the coming weekend so far.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 20:34 »
I know , I know its weird but every old person I ever knew as a child moved to the ground floor to die :cry: . I know its practical and all but its creeped me out since I was 6. Refuse to apologise for my only nuttiness (OK maybe not my only nuttiness but enough sharing for one night, I'm not telling you any more :oops: ).

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 20:34 »
Stannah lift for me :wink:

poultrygeist

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 20:35 »
It's ok. We'll make up the rest  :D

That strange fondness for polystyrene is a bit odd.  :roll:  And the thing about odd socks too.  :?

rob

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 20:36 »
What's wrong with polysterene?!!!

poultrygeist

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 20:38 »
Depends what you do with it  :shock:

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 20:49 »
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Don't know who has the creepier mind! You for implying it or me for filling in the blanks and wierding myself out :oops:

poultrygeist

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 20:54 »
:lol:   :lol:

The power of the imagination. Derren Brown made a living from it.

Better get off and put some babies to bed before the Big Bad Wolf comes calling  :shock:
He'll have to huff and puff a lot to get through my duck house !  :D

Rob  8)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 21:03 »
Yes, need to put mine away soon. Have found an easy way eventually. Turn the lawn mower on. Only the first time I've had to mow the lawn this year was the weekend and it freaked them out and they hid in the house. They do keep the grass down so nicely.

Lawn mowers, slug control, fertilizer and they weed the gaps between the paving stones. Definately better gardeners than me :lol:

FCG

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 22:17 »
My chickens prefer my miniature allotment i've got going on in my garden. They'll probably move on to the grass after everything else is gone. Took me ages to get them in tonight. Amber again flew everywhere.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 22:22 »
Mine love stuff in pots (mainly digging up the roots to find bugs and stuff) and anything green and leafy to eat which means I have to protect the veg or its gone. They do love the grass though although "manicured is not a word I would use to describe my lawn :lol:

They do love pots though :lol:

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 36 queries.