Easy ways to move a greenhouse please? Answers on a postcard

• 11 Replies

Ozwytch

:(
newbie to everything allotmental .....original blonde.....not a flippin clue ....
but oh soooooo excited at me new bit of earth....how do i move a greenhouse about 50 yards please???? It has a "hard standing" where I want it to be moved to - i believe thats what its called - if not please dont laugh, i will get there  - eventually! But.. for now, any ideas? Easy ones only only please.....xx
)O( Ozwytch
Thick as a brick Newbie. desperate allomentor in the making .......

jack russell

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 00:05 »
easy take out the glass get around six freinds of fit ability ask them to lift it into position.  Fit the glass back in :D bobs yer uncle :wink:

Rules are we need pics  :D
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

Ozwytch

fank q
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 06:34 »
:shock: How you know my uncle was called Bob...... geez amazing ....
oh well pretty obvious if i took the time to sit and think about it! Thanks you kindly.
I tried a pic but its just got the text thingy didnt work, i shall try again later,  right now im off plotting before it wazzes down again.
Ta for the input .....six friends.....hmmmmmmmmm :roll:

SalJ1980

Re: Easy ways to move a greenhouse please? Answers on a post
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 08:57 »
Quote from: "Ozwytch"
allotmental

Brilliant - I love it! That's my new favourite word!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Sal

Organic...so far!

Ozwytch

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 10:00 »
:idea: why thankee Sal, at least I got "somert reet" on this cold blustery wet grey miserable day.... :(  MENTAL is the appropiate word....I must be to take on this area of gods earth that has nothing but ten foot weeds .....8 foot rose trees ....raspberries that are having a day off from performing in  the Day of the Triffids (matinees only)....and a huge pampass plant thingy that thinks its king of the Plotters, i have a cure though ... roundup!!!! John said !!!!! 8)  :twisted: ......

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:27 »
You sound just like our type of person ozwytch!!!!!
>
>
>
>
Totally nuts!!!!!      :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And if the greenhouse is only about 8x6, well Brian and me can move ours glassless without 6 friends......... probably because we haven't got that many friends!!!!!!     :lol:

Ozwytch

6 friendless then ....
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 16:23 »
:arrow:  ok...... well this is sounding better by the barrowload .......ok i had better get cracking on with the mini tip that i have just uncovered   ...seems the son of the guy that had it used the back of the plot as a tip....behind that lovely bit of concrete that had previously housed a greenhouse..in bags and not....carpet- nylon tho not even decent enough to compost itself...nasty.....a toilet (!!) bath.... a barrel of somert im scared even to look in...rusty tools...joy o joy... at least once thats moved i can then see whats what with the greenhouse.....good job i hate asking folks to help................jsut hope i dont see any more spiders the size of melons  :shock:  TRUE !!!!

braders1234

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 12:12 »
New alotmenter here as well!  There is a greenhouse up for grabs at my allotment site that has had some glass stolen.  Havnt told the wife yet but am thinking of claiming it!

Dont have a hard standing for it or really anywhere to put it yet but it is up for grabs!!

How difficult would it be to replace the glass?  My ignornce is telling me that it will be easy.  I have not cut glass since my dad showed me when I was 12, about 24 years ago!

Any suggestions?

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 13:17 »
Whereabouts are you Braders?  My Brian cuts all my glass for our greenhouses, and he uses the secondary glazing that gets chucked out by the local double glazing place.

You just need a good glass cutter, diamond cutter or oh whats the other one?  titanium is it?

braders1234

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 13:25 »
I am in Cosham, just outside of Portsmouth.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 13:30 »
Oh that's a shame, nearer to us and Brian would have given you a lesson!  He says its easy, you just have to be careful of the glass flakes.

One of his workbenches is a worktop that he keeps especially for glass you have to be careful that the surface you cut on is very clean.  Brian marks and cuts his straight line with a very long spirit level, then just brings the glass to the edge of the bench holds the biggest side on the workbench and gently taps underneath the cut, you can see the glass give, then a gentle snap downwards and hey presto!

braders1234

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 10:59 »
Have moved a step closer to taking the avilable greenhouse from my allotment site.  Was chatting to a couple of "good old boys" who think I can get it cheap and that it will be ok moving it.

I am asssuming that as I should be able to move the green house without dismantaling it (apart form taking the glass out of course) that it should be ok?

To be honest it has to work as my wife is dead aginst it and I will be plaugued by her for eternity if I have to scrap it or it doesnt work!

exclamation
making a greenhouse - a quick and easy way!!!????

Started by faye on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post November 02, 2009, 16:28
by noshed
xx
easy access wormery?

Started by Zak the Rabbit on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post June 29, 2008, 22:29
by SalJ1980
xx
Is it easy to build a garden wall?

Started by Oliveview on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post February 11, 2012, 11:23
by John
xx
How to secure netting on frame for easy access?

Started by BumbleJo on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 19:09
by Mum2mj

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 29 queries.