compostqueen

Re: Pets Gallery
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2008, 17:36 »
I love JR's  :D  Mine was a person  :lol:

amandaandherveg

• Experienced Member
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2008, 21:20 »
We have 2 Shar Pei, here's our youngest Blossom at 9 weeks old.  She's at her best when she's sleeping.....

And our big boy Huxley......

Cuddling in the garden together....

Are we nearly there yet?

Vember

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2008, 11:18 »
Ahhh Bless em Amandaandherveg,

Them's be beautiful :)

Jellyhead

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2008, 15:56 »
Lovely woofers Vembs. Oh and those cuddly Sharpeis :shock: thats such a cute photo :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

mumsy

« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2008, 20:47 »
All the doggies are luvverly :D

Oliveview

« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2008, 13:55 »
If you look at this before Grannie Annie adds the photos you will wonder what I am going on about! Because we have just a slow dial up I can´t add photos myself.  I sent GA the photos in the post just had a pm to say she will put the photos on once I have written about them!

Lola the Jack Russel cross was from a dog rescue sanctury.  She is about 3 and a half years old.  She is very laid back, her expression never changes.  She is a sweetheart.  :D  We got Lola just after our Chihuahua was killed.  
Jumbo..... what can I say about Jumbo ...... we got him at about 6-7 weeks old, he was born out in the olive groves, with only his Mum to look after him.  He was a real fatso when he was bought to us, and he only had his Mothers milk nothing else.  He was called Chumbo at first after the Chumba´s (prickly pears) where he lived hidden by his Mum.  We thought Jumbo was easier to remember!    We have no idea what his father was- he could have been a hippo or a sumo wrestler  going by the size of Jumbo:shock:
 His mother was a normal terrier type dog, not that big.  Jumbo just has biscuits and nothing else, never given scraps, he is just a dog with ´big bones´  :shock:  He´s now on ´light´ dog biscuits and we weigh out his food every night. Jumbo is coming up for 8 months old now.  His favourite pastime is finding anything to chew (watches, (3 straps), shoes (3 pairs), OH glasses :shock: , corner of the sofa :shock: )  we love him dearly though.   :D   He is so clumsy, he keeps us entertained with his antics :lol:
Pamela

Yoohooo, this is me pretending to be Pamela!!!!  Here are the pics of Pamela's doggies.  I took a photo of her photo's as my scanners don't work with the Windows editions I've got!!!    Can you gues which one is Jumbo??? lol

Hope they come out okay!!   Ann

Vember

« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2008, 15:40 »
Ahhh How sweet

We've got a JR that's a bit like Jumbo,
but that's my o/h's fault,

he spoils him because he's a rescue!!
30 pound last time I weighted Jack  :shock:

Oliveview

« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2008, 21:29 »
Lola is a light weight doggy, she is about 11 lbs .  She does not eat that much.  The man at the refuge where we got her said they had to watch as she would just stand back and let the other dogs take all the biscuit and she would go hubgry.  When we went to get a dog, or just look to see if there was a dog I liked,  I went into the pen where Lola was with 2 other dogs, a greyhound and an Italian whippit.  I was interested in the whippit and not Lola!  I sat on the ground and called the whippit over, Lola (or Jackie as she was called then) came running over and jumped on my lap- I stroked her for a bit, put her down and tried to pick up the whippit, every time the whippit was about to get on my lap Lola jumped back up....I did manage to get the whippit on my lap, the next thing I knew Lola had her nose under the whippit and hoiked her up in the air and sat on my lap and had the whippit sitting on her head..... as the man said, he thought the dog had decided who was having me!!  
Lola chewed some cement off the hall wall the other day, I treid to tell her off, but she looked so upset and terrified I didn´t have the heart to!  She used to live outside all the time, tied up with no shelter.  Going to the refuge was a blessing for her, and for us.   :D
Pamela

Many thanks GA for helping me out :D

Jellyhead

« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2008, 21:45 »
Luverly doggies Ollieview. Specially knowing the rescue story. As you know I have 12 cats now. They just keep turning up and I havent the heart to turn them away :oops: This is one of the last ones to turn up. I think hes quite old as he is a bit thin, I have wormed him but he just feels like an old cat, my Tilly is the oldest tho at 17 1/2 bless her. Anyway, this is Cocoa

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2008, 21:46 »
This is my youngest daughter (14) and Beardie Jessie (11). The picture was taken by my daughter on a timer and she played with the image a bit to soften it. My daughter isn't particularly academically gifted and I was really surprised when she showed me this and very proud. Of course the washing machine isn't great :)

Jessie has a number of medical problems now, but I really think she has been one of the finest dogs we have ever had. So soft and loving. From a puppy she responded straight away to commands and even as an older dog has surprised us with her ability to understand what we want and respond to it. We have also learnt her ways and she has taught us a number of commands :)

Patrick
Hull, East yorkshire

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2008, 21:50 »
Incidentally have no cats. Had a cat as a kid, but feel they dont have too much loyalty as it where. However after the neighbours got a Siamese i really am a fan. What characters!

Jellyhead

« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2008, 22:04 »
Aaaah Jessie looks lovely. Lovely photo actually. I never grew up with cats cos my mum was allergic to them. When I first left home the bungalow I shared had 2 cats and they instantly took to me. I remember having some real bad times in my late teens and those cats really helped me through, always there with a cuddle and a purr. Got hooked from then on and now with loads of dogs and cats I just accept each cat for itself and its independence :roll: I love em all :roll:  :D

Oliveview

« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2008, 22:17 »
We used to have 2 cats, Mac & Tosh, (Mac´n´tosh) get it??  They were lovely cats.  Tosh died of kidney failure and Mac had cancer in the roof of his mouth.  We had a BorderCollie X she was as daft as a brush.  Late in life, she discovered she could open the front door :shock:   We had to keep it locked after that, cos if Panda thought she was bored, or the dishwasher was on (she didn´t like it) she would rush out the front door :shock:   The first time she did it she went off in the dark, across a railway line and onto the main road  into town :shock:  Panda would have let anybody in the house, except the window cleaner- she really hated him :lol:  Pets certainly keep us entertained!
Love the siamese cat, here they give them away, they don´t like them!!
Pamela

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2008, 00:37 »
Quote from: "oliveview"
Lola is a light weight doggy, she is about 11 lbs .  She does not eat that much.  The man at the refuge where we got her said they had to watch as she would just stand back and let the other dogs take all the biscuit and she would go hubgry.  When we went to get a dog, or just look to see if there was a dog I liked,  I went into the pen where Lola was with 2 other dogs, a greyhound and an Italian whippit.  I was interested in the whippit and not Lola!  I sat on the ground and called the whippit over, Lola (or Jackie as she was called then) came running over and jumped on my lap- I stroked her for a bit, put her down and tried to pick up the whippit, every time the whippit was about to get on my lap Lola jumped back up....I did manage to get the whippit on my lap, the next thing I knew Lola had her nose under the whippit and hoiked her up in the air and sat on my lap and had the whippit sitting on her head..... as the man said, he thought the dog had decided who was having me!!  
Lola chewed some cement off the hall wall the other day, I treid to tell her off, but she looked so upset and terrified I didn´t have the heart to!  She used to live outside all the time, tied up with no shelter.  Going to the refuge was a blessing for her, and for us.   :D
Pamela

Many thanks GA for helping me out :D

You are very welcome Pamela!!! Anytime!!!!

Vember

« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2008, 07:39 »
Quote from: "BigPaddy"
Siamese i really am a fan. What characters!

Our old Blue Point Siamese(Vember) used to play fetch with his toys just like a dog!

An if we dared to leave him in the house whilst we went in the garden he would walk up & down carrying a teddy & howling!

He came everywhere with us he was a character  :lol:

xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Pets as therapy

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

49 Replies
Last post December 09, 2009, 20:35
by janet12000
xx
Pets with feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

51 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 10:33
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 45 queries.