another cockerel question

• 5 Replies

too many girls

« on: July 07, 2008, 20:52 »
Elwood, our remaining cockerel (the fox got Jake) is now about 18 weeks old, his plumbing works as he's had a go at Lonely, trouble is we've never heard him crow, not even an attempt at crowing, he's  kept seperate from the main flock but has got his own troop of girls (precious, fat lois, saffy, syd ( she's a vicious bully) nancy and Edwina, i live on a farm and was quite looking forward to hearing him, but he's got no crow, will he always be silent?

babe

• elvis king of chooks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 21:08 »
if he stays silent he'll be worth  a fortune. :lol:

last year elvis didnt start singing till he was nearly 10 months.

ness

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 21:14 »
My little Vorwerk cock is definitely crowing at 8 weeks, its a bit rusty but reckon it wont take him long to get to full tilt!  Do you want to swap!? :lol:

too many girls

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 21:14 »
10 months? wow. just i've heard on here that some start crowing as early as 8  weeks, Elwood is a pure RIR, another thing i've noticed is his comb is tiny, almost non existent, if it hadn't been that buisness with lonely and the fact he's enormous i would have thought he was a girl.

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 22:38 »
Well you can borrow Fidget if you like! He's 18 wks and crowing for England _ he only started last Sunday so with a weeks practice he is fantastic - the only time you don't really hear him is when he is shut up in the cube - then it is a nice gentle background noise. He seems worse when he sees or hears me in the house - I can't decide it is because he likes me or if he sees me as a threat (as opposed to just a treat giver!)

Swap if you like! 'Cos I'm just waiting for the neighbours to complain (although there are 3 more cocks in the vicinty)

too many girls

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 02:04 »
Elwood's not very bright i'm afraid, (very loveing tho, he lays his head on my shoulder when i pick him up, just like a tired baby) i dont think he'd find his way to Warickshire................ maybe he's just a late starter, time will tell.

xx
cockerel question

Started by Evansent on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post November 18, 2009, 22:31
by GrannieAnnie
xx
A cockerel question

Started by ness on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 07, 2008, 19:22
by ness
xx
Cockerel question

Started by themagicaltoad1 on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post December 09, 2011, 19:14
by kegs
xx
Cockerel

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 20:52
by Honeysuckle

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 35 queries.