Ex batts needing homes end of july

• 62 Replies

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 08:33 »
Quote from: "too many girls"
i daren't, just daren't, you know what happened last time............................

go on, you know you want to :lol:
Katt

Poolfield2

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 08:57 »
I've offered our place as a pick up point, OH very nervous, I stupidly promised not to ask to rehome any (this time!!!) :lol:

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 10:40 »
Hi TMG, I live up on Castle Park on the outskirts of town.  was brought up in Newholm though and long for a huge garden like my mum so I can have a mini smallholding....  Whereabouts are you?

too many girls

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 12:00 »
i used to live in sleights (ugglebarnby before it became a housing estate) then moved to Egton, my 12 year old daughter is burried in the cemetary off the road  leading from Egton to Glaisdale, i know Whitby well and go back for weekends in the summer, we were there for the regatta last year and saw the red arrows from Whitby Abbey (nearly killed me walking up all those steps)

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 13:10 »
Quote from: "Poolfield2"
I've offered our place as a pick up point, OH very nervous, I stupidly promised not to ask to rehome any (this time!!!) :lol:

There is no way you wont end up with some, ive had mine since march and we wanted more before we left the pickup point.

Poolfield2

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 15:18 »
I know , that is what OH is worried about, I was supposed to stop at 3 now I have 6 and 7 chicks :shock:

henpecked

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 16:41 »
[/quote]I was looking at the website thinking it would be great to do the same but OH would go mad, where in north yorks are you henpecked? If you do get stuck with some im sure i could squeeze a few more in with mine. [/quote]

Pickering!

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 21:30 »
Im between York and Beverly henpecked. Not far atall, went across to Lancashire to get my exbatts on my 1st wedding anniversary.

too many girls

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 23:37 »
hi hen pecked, after i moved from whitby i lived in .......................Kirby Misperton! small world what?

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 15:25 »
Ha ha, I think hubbie was hoping you would be a little further away henpecked.... I'm sure we could have a few extra.....

henpecked

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 16:28 »
too many girls...very small world!

mtoyne...not far at all! I've looked into ex-batts before and was disappointed there wasn't anywhere local...hence offering my services!

Newbie...hubbie is off the hook, they've declined my services  :cry:  they've already got collection points in Harrogate and Doncaster...but not that many adoptees in Yorkshire. Shame!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 21:01 »
Quote from: "too many girls"
i daren't, just daren't, you know what happened last time............................

Go on, TMG, you know you want to... You've already said you think you are living my life. Just think of them as mine and how sad I am with just my tiny garden and a few ducks  :cry: .
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 21:31 »
Quote from: "henpecked"
too many girls...very small world!

mtoyne...not far at all! I've looked into ex-batts before and was disappointed there wasn't anywhere local...hence offering my services!

Newbie...hubbie is off the hook, they've declined my services  :cry:  they've already got collection points in Harrogate and Doncaster...but not that many adoptees in Yorkshire. Shame!

I was surprised that there were no local addoption points, hence the travel to lancashire.
Bet your OH is relieved.

too many girls

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 21:34 »
Kate, i lost more than 30 of mine to the fox, i'm hardly a responsable hen owner, (albeit it was in daylight and in the afternoon when an attack wasn't expected) i won't contemplate getting anymore till i've disposed of the fox and found a way to keep the hens from roaming too far from the farmhouse. i've now got a camera trained on the hen house, it's linked to my tv in my bedroom (bedrooms downstairs) can't watch any tv for fear of missing something, however i have found out through spying why the hen food goes down so dramatically, due to one 40 year old pony sticking her head in and scoffing it, poor Gemma doesn't have any front teeth, they've worn away, must remember one can eat layers mash toothless..................

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2008, 21:39 »
Sorry TMG, on re-reading my post was thoughtless :oops: , not trying to emotionally blackmail you. Please forgive me. I think what you have done for your girls is amazing. If they had only lived a day of normal chicken life its a blessing. Not having the room for ex batts is the only thing I regret about my ducks.

xx
hens needing new homes! advert

Started by emotion-2003 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post November 13, 2012, 17:02
by GrannieAnnie
xx
two ex batts needing your help please

Started by lesleyann on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 14, 2012, 02:36
by Tony H
xx
cockerels needing a home

Started by ruggief on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post August 30, 2006, 18:46
by ruggief
xx
Battery hens need homes.....

Started by sarahc on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post June 16, 2010, 22:05
by joyfull

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 36 queries.