Killer Cat got my chicks!

• 59 Replies

Jellyhead

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 11:19 »
The water spray works for my Mother in law. Give it go Feefs. The cat really will hate it :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

compostqueen

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 11:20 »
Sorry to hear the bad news and I can understand your being angry with your neighbour's apparent disinterest. I wonder if she'd be as understanding if a neighbour's dog attacked her cat.  I think she could have been more sympathetic as she is responsible for the animal

We have a newish cat next door to me, great big un, but so far it just sits watching my hens and has made no attempt to go near them, or maybe it has  :twisted:

I think the supersoakers work well and charity shops usually have them in, well ours does  :D

Foxy

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 11:53 »
Quote from: "Jellyhead"
The water spray works for my Mother in law. Give it go Feefs. The cat really will hate it :wink:

Do you spray your mother in law Jelly....?? :shock:

poultrygeist

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 11:54 »

You squirt your M-i-L to keep her away  :shock:   :!:  :!:

poultrygeist

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 11:54 »
Damn !!

Beaten to it  :lol:  :lol:

Foxy

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 12:04 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Sorry Rob...

Jellyhead

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 12:53 »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm now theres and idea, tho blame will rest on you lot :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Porffor

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 13:04 »
Quote from: "SnooziSuzi"
No!  DO NOT SHOOT IT!  :evil:

People keep dogs because they will defend the house and garden but no-one is calling for dogs to be rounded up and shot when they get out of their gardens.

Farmers would shoot it and have that right. I'm not sure how a household figures in this - i know my dogs would be risking death if they worried the horses, donkeys and cows behind my house and ensure they can't.. and don't.

IF a dog got out of my garden and attacked a person they'd be held accountable.

If they killed a rabbit you can vouch for the neighbour baying for their blood... I don't agree with your comments that they get away with it.

I think there are ways of getting cats to stay away, but whether it'll work with a cat that has had dinner from your garden, we'll i'm not sure and if it's spraying etc then it's obviously a tom and not been done... they are not as easily deterred when they are like that.

I have dogs, and my dogs keep the cats at bay, we never get a cat in our garden. But getting a dog doesn't mean it'll get on with your chooks either, I have my chooks in a run and covered partly because of the dogs (well one of the dogs - the other wouldn't bother).
Only today I said to my neighbour that her rabbit had better not enter my garden.. it wanders hers and the field behind (so could find a way in - though it'd hav eto really try. My JR would have it for supper i expect and there is no way I'd be listening to her complain if it does get into my garden.

The water gun sounds a viable option.. very much worth a try.. other than that maybe elec netting to teach killer cat a lesson.. i'd be tempted to teach him a lesson on the cat flap side of things too... Grrr

Jellyhead

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 13:19 »
How about painting HIS tail PINK and telling your neighbour that you will do this everytime he tresspasses so get used to it 8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Jellyhead

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 13:20 »
........or even painting his pads pink, lovely, little pink paw prints all over their house...aaaah :wink:

poultrygeist

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 13:20 »
How about painting HIS tail PINK and telling your neighbour that you will do this everytime he tresspasses so get used to it 8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:  Genius !

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 17:10 »
Get a cockerel, a big one !  Tell the neighbour it's to keep the cat away and there's nothing you can do to stop it crowing so she'll have to get used to it or get rid of the cat  :wink:

too many girls

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 17:12 »
good one Aunty.

too many girls

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 17:14 »
Fifi, maybe you could get your dog to hoover up the cat instead of the chicken poo............

poultrygeist

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 17:51 »
Or start weeing in the cat owner's garden and kitchen.

She'll take some notice at least.  :)

Rob

xx
What age can chicks be mixed with other chicks with no bother?

Started by gracie on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 26, 2011, 07:53
by gracie
xx
Help needed with new chicks and about to hatch chicks

Started by jim_148 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 18:08
by jim_148
xx
Name that Killer!!!

Started by massa on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post March 21, 2012, 10:28
by Ian Findlay
xx
Killer Cat

Started by Fifitrix on The Hen House

30 Replies
Last post February 26, 2008, 03:46
by naturesparadise

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 36 queries.