Gape worm hell....

• 17 Replies

Piglit's Pullets

• www.pamperedchef.com
Gape worm hell....
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:42 »
That is just the problem Foxy, my chickens are too clever and they do know exactly what they want and what they are doing.... except when they pecked as my husband's ' builders ' as he was crouched down cleaning something out.... :shock:  :shock:   Hmmmm, it was around that time that they first started sneezing... perhaps I should worm my husband too  :lol:  :lol:
" Staying In is the new going out " You are only steps away from hosting your very own Pampered Chef party with moi... go on, see what all the buzz is about!

Piglit's Pullets

• www.pamperedchef.com
Gape worm hell....
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 12:01 »
Okay, it has been a week on Flubenvet and the sneezing and snorking is still happening.  Not as bad now so worming probably wasn't a bad idea.  

The village poultry Guru has suggested that it might be a respiratory issue that developed before I got them, as they were last years layers from a free range farm.  Some free rangers prefer to stay in the barn so something might have developed with all the dust... like a sort of chicken asthma.  

They are eating, running, pecking me, laying ave 10 eggs between two over a week and going into bed every night so I have been told to stop faffing with them  :lol:

At the moment they are still sleeping in the borrowed Eglu but we are collecting the new des res on Saturday so should be interesting to see how they get on in that and if their health improves by the end of the month. :?

Just thought I would keep you updated....

Cheers, Piglit

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Gape worm hell....
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 16:41 »
I'd recommend 2 weeks of flubenvet if gapeworm is suspected !

xx
Gape Worm?

Started by otis pony on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 22, 2010, 15:23
by Fisherman
xx
Gape worm?

Started by Mum2mj on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 24, 2013, 16:23
by ANHBUC
xx
Gape Worm problems

Started by jacquil58 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post November 03, 2013, 09:45
by pepsi100
question
Gaping but can't be gape worm

Started by neil9797 on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post December 18, 2016, 09:51
by Flowerpower136

Page created in 0.42 seconds with 36 queries.