Sponsored by Asda.

• 60 Replies

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2008, 21:04 »
Obviously Aunty has been much too subtle in trying to say that stealing baskets or trollies is WRONG, the big book and the dungeon just didn't do it for you eh JB.  

But there is no question that it is wrong !

Ruby Red

Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2008, 22:06 »
Its the same as the other guy on here who steals food from out of supermarket skips. It is stealing.
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2008, 22:15 »
Quote from: "Ruby Red"
Its the same as the other guy on here who steals food from out of supermarket skips. It is stealing.

Hmm, technically correct I think but something thrown away is obviously considered to be of no value to its owner. If you 'steal' something of no value is any harm caused?

We throw away cat litter.. anyone who wants to collect it is welcome :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

gobs

Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2008, 22:27 »
Quote from: "john"

Hmm, technically correct I think but something thrown away is obviously considered to be of no value to its owner. If you 'steal' something of no value is any harm caused?

Has it got a tray with it? I know someone who might be interested. :wink:  :lol:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

vegmandan

Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 22:35 »
It is the decision of this court pompey spud ,that you are guilty of theft.

And you shall recieve an ironic punishment befitting your crime. :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2008, 22:39 »
And what about your BBQ trolly veggieman  :shock:

Neck on the block for you too dear  :lol:

lincspoacher

Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 22:42 »
Quote from: "john"

Well, technically..................

Stealing is defined 'depriving the title of goods or chattels from the rightful owner'.

The 'title' of goods is the 'lawful right to possess it'. Now, it may be that your dont know who the owner is, in which case depriving the owner of title is called 'stealing by finding'.

On the other hand, something thrown in a skip still has title - the title belongs to the original owner until it arrives at the rubbish dump, in which case the title then passes to the rubbish dump owner.

If you take something thats been discarded, you may have to prove the rightful owner of the title has relinquished his title to the goods, otherwise thats still stealing. Asking if you can have it is a lawful way to transfer title.

vegmandan

Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 22:48 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"

That was just a picture off google,not me....enter red neck barbeque and you'll see.

I'm no thief, I just thought it was amusing. :shock:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2008, 22:51 »
Quote from: "lincspoacher"

Well, technically..................

Stealing is defined 'depriving the title of goods or chattels from the rightful owner'.

The 'title' of goods is the 'lawful right to possess it'. Now, it may be that your dont know who the owner is, in which case depriving the owner of title is called 'stealing by finding'.

On the other hand, something thrown in a skip still has title - the title belongs to the original owner until it arrives at the rubbish dump, in which case the title then passes to the rubbish dump owner.

If you take something thats been discarded, you may have to prove the rightful owner of the title has relinquished his title to the goods, otherwise thats still stealing. Asking if you can have it is a lawful way to transfer title.

When I want a legal opinion, I'll ask my daughter :) I was thinking of the morality.

Mind you, I doubt CSI Crewe would swing into action if someone nicks the bag of cat litter. Wonder if they'd give an incident number like they did when the cars got done along the road.

On the other hand.. someone steals the old credit card statement out of the bin and suddenly you're making donations to the Tamil Tigers

Nothing's simple is it?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 23:00 »
Quote from: "vegmandan"
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"

That was just a picture off google,not me....enter red neck barbeque and you'll see.

I'm no thief, I just thought it was amusing. :shock:

Oh... Sorry sweetie  :oops: Aunty got it wrong  :(

gobs

Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2008, 23:06 »
Well, these corporations are rich beyond belief. I personally felt like a damn right idiot walking back to a well known shop after just walking out with goods in hand and small child in tow when the alarm didn't go off and went back to pay for them. You just have been brought up some way.

Big Jen

Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2008, 23:16 »
Here's one I made earlier  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lovely lettuce :!:
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2008, 23:30 »
Quote from: "gobs"
Well, these corporations are rich beyond belief. I personally felt like a damn right idiot walking back to a well known shop after just walking out with goods in hand and small child in tow when the alarm didn't go off and went back to pay for them. You just have been brought up some way.

On the other side - when I worked at DIY store I took great pleasure in hiding the labels that set the alarm off in the area manager's briefcase, on his back, got one in his pocket as well :)

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2008, 23:34 »
Its nice to know that those of you that take baskets from supermarkets etc..will be just as understanding when someone takes something that belongs to you.
If you feel that big corporations can stand the loss and its not stealing then that is a poor justification for taking something that doesn't belong to you... a light fingered person is a light fingered person. oops sorry I will stop talking in riddles. Its theft!
Ok I am now done with this!

Jazzy
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

johnathome

Sponsored by Asda.
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2008, 23:52 »
Christ...This is all getting a bit harsh isn't it :roll:

xx
Asda MP Compost

Started by oldgrunge on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 20, 2018, 22:23
by Plot 1 Problems
xx
ASDA compost

Started by gowing238 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post March 27, 2010, 12:06
by moose
xx
Asparagus & Rhubarb from Asda looks dead.

Started by ldavison10 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 17, 2008, 15:28
by DD.
xx
Cheap 5litre sprayer at Asda

Started by MulesMarinair on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 01, 2009, 00:42
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.7 seconds with 36 queries.