Celeriac

• 22 Replies

compostqueen

Celeriac
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 23:59 »
I never ate celeriac til two years ago when I was given some plants. Now I'm hooked  :shock:  It's lovely and the soup it makes is fab.  I made some celeriac, smoked bacon and mushroom, with cream stirred in at the end. Luvly  :D   The foliage goes in too but not too much cos it's very strong

* to peel though  :D

Scribbler

Celeriac
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 10:04 »
Anyone seen any plants for sale - like at garden centres or plant stalls at garden fetes etc?
Growing salad leaves isn't rocket science.

Skip

• Experienced Member
Celeriac
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 11:57 »
I'm with Purplebean on celeriac.  No vegetable stew tastes as good if it doesn't have a copious amount of celeriac (and swedes, parsnips, turnips etc).
Skip, in Oz

Knoblauch

Celeriac
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 23:39 »
I used to get it in organic veg boxes when I took them (before a local shop opened) - very nice but the skin is lumpy and hard to scrub clean, a bit like that Thai fisherman that developed horrible warts all down his hands and arms ...

Poolfield2

Celeriac
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 00:08 »
It goes really well in a tray of mixed roast root veg and I adore it in 3 veg mash with potato and carrot and finish off with a grated cheese topping and under the grill.

Now you've gone and made me hungry and it's well passed my bedtime :roll:

shirazcat

Celeriac
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 08:43 »
Hi all,
          For scribbler`s information, Homebase had them about a Month ago. I bought a tray of 10 for £1.99p (I think) Whether  they still have any, I don`t know. Mine are growing away really well.
 I have grown them from seed before, but they are a nuisance as they need to be started early, & kept in from the cold until the end of May before planting out. Much easier to buy them as grown on plants.

Adrian.
life is too short for work

Mmm Veg

Celeriac
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 13:07 »
I grew mine from seed and had loads! I could have given some to you guys who wanted some but i gave most of my spare wasy to my mum and sister.. sorry  :(

Only problem i have now is where to put them! I have no room left on my small home plot.. do you thinnk a large pot would suffice for now until i find more room? They are only tiddlers at the mo..

strangerachael

• Weedybeanz
Celeriac
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 21:01 »
I grew celeriac last year and the biggest one was only the size of a tennis ball. It is also nice roasted, but I agree makes a good soup - I made a lot of celeriac and squash soup. Also it is good grated into coleslaw, it doesn't taste so strong raw though.
Rachael

xx
Celeriac

Started by ptarmigan on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post October 11, 2017, 16:03
by Mr Dog
xx
Celeriac

Started by noshed on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post March 27, 2007, 16:20
by noshed
xx
Celeriac

Started by Thephoenix572 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 16, 2013, 13:19
by Agatha
xx
celeriac

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post January 08, 2022, 12:35
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 36 queries.