Help with cumbrits needed please.

• 1 Replies

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
« on: June 24, 2008, 06:37 »
Hiya, am quite new to veg, thought it would be a nice idea to plant pumpkins this year so my kids could carve them at halloween, they did great till i planted them in to final growing position then died. I got given a courgette plant that i put in a big planter and the stem leading in to the ground has gone soft, have got cucumbers that are suitable for outside growing but the leaves are shrivling up and going brown now, where am i going wrong? Ive planted plenty of root veg and these are growing very happily, i live in North Yorks.

compostqueen

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:21 »
I kept some plants back to plug gaps if any died as they do seem to keel over at the slightest thing.  Sometimes it's slug damage to the stems, birds uproot them. At the moment I have rabbits and moles and I noticed yesterday that one of my courgettes was high and dry with no soil left under it as it had been undermined by either of those two annoying pests  :evil:  I had a healthy looking cue which just keeled over for no apparent reason - could have been overwatered is my only suspicion

So to  conclude, it's not just you who has trouble  :D  and my advice is to keep stuff in reserve. Same with runner beans

xx
help needed please

Started by jenjen88 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post March 17, 2011, 22:39
by Yorkie
xx
Some help needed!

Started by Dig2Grow on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post September 18, 2012, 21:31
by clairebeau
xx
ID needed please.

Started by tosca100 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 13, 2011, 18:52
by tosca100
xx
Help needed again sorry !!

Started by spade or shovel? on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 14, 2010, 21:18
by rainbow1

Page created in 0.902 seconds with 36 queries.