Magpie Scarer

• 18 Replies

daz

• Experienced Member
Magpie Scarer
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 23:55 »
Quote from: "kimT"
I've just bought a water pistol that shoots about 25/30 feet so I have great pleasure firing it at the magpies.....................haven't seen one in days in the garden :twisted:  :twisted:

replace the water with petrol :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  8)

kenny d

Magpie Scarer
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 10:19 »
I use a larson trap ( look on ebay ) , For me it's more the damage to other wild birds , Once the magpies are gone the whole garden will be full song birds again , All birds deserve to be here but there must be a balance and at the moment the magpies are devastating the rd population !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cry:

daz

• Experienced Member
Magpie Scarer
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 10:24 »
ive found 1 dead chick of what bird im unsure but the back of its head seemed pointed to me
they cant get at the chickens food and dont seem to be eating my veg but they do certainly make a mess of things especially the carrots they trample them right down

Roughlee Handled

Magpie Scarer
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 13:22 »
Quote from: "treacleminer"

Roughlee handled - try putting the feeder on bricks so the chickens can reach but the magpies aren't tall enough?

I did put it on a block to make it higher as the girls could not get there heads under it.  

Since i mentioned Magpies i have not see them!!!!!!!!
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

xx
Magpie mayhem

Started by Ched on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 16, 2008, 21:23
by muntjac
xx
Bird scarer

Started by boddy on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 03, 2015, 22:57
by Beekissed

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 36 queries.