« on: June 22, 2008, 20:45 »
Californian Quail

been thinking of getting some eggs but would like some info

about them IE noise food and so on any help thanks  :D

babe

• elvis king of chooks
dose any one keep
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 20:56 »
they are like regular quail, but hatch out with a surfboard under one wing and a malibu cocktail in the other singing old beachboy classics  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

nettynoodles1

• Experienced Member
dose any one keep
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 21:59 »
pmsl babe.
never kept them but have been tempted to have quial but with my size 8s too scared in case i stand on them  :oops:

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
dose any one keep
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 22:25 »
hi, hubby keeps californian quail with his pheasants, they are kept in an enclosed outdoor aviary with golden pheasants and lady amherst pheasants.  They eat mixed corn with turkey pelets and small amount of wild bird seed, chick crumbs and greens, the noise they make sounds like they are saying "chicago..., chicago..." :oops:  :lol:  :lol:., which in not very lound and not very often.

the male californian quail is very pretty.

We have hatched 2 young californian quail chicks if you are interested and have another 16 in the incubator - pm me if you are interested as we live in west wales

clare :)

naturesparadise

dose any one keep
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 22:44 »
Quote from: "CMFAM"
hi, hubby keeps californian quail with his pheasants, they are kept in an enclosed outdoor aviary with golden pheasants and lady amherst pheasants.  They eat mixed corn with turkey pelets and small amount of wild bird seed, chick crumbs and greens, the noise they make sounds like they are saying "chicago..., chicago..." :oops:  :lol:  :lol:., which in not very lound and not very often.

the male californian quail is very pretty.

We have hatched 2 young californian quail chicks if you are interested and have another 16 in the incubator - pm me if you are interested as we live in west wales

clare :)

hey thanks ill be wanting some eggs but not yet lol got to sort me chooks and ducks yet

ill be building an avery just for the quail im thinking of buying the R-COM 3

for hatching quail as it holds 7 eggs i think

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 36 queries.