Planting in the rain

• 7 Replies

purplebean

Planting in the rain
« on: June 21, 2008, 16:14 »
I am so far behind that I spent the morning planting in the rain. I think that several of my toms have had it, too tall in too small pots. But pretty much everything else looks OK. Still got things to do as I eventually gave up and came inside, now have an apricot, date and orange loaf in the oven so time not wasted  :D

gardengran

• Experienced Member
Planting in the rain
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 16:24 »
i just managed to pick my elderflowers before the rain started...got the elderflower champers going in the shed, came in and made a lemon drizzle cake and flapjack. Your fruit loaf sounds very nice...Wont need to water the garden tonite  :lol: ...christine
please god let my carrots grow as big as the dock roots!

alan

Planting in the rain
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 18:11 »
I, rather smartly, chose today to repair the felt on my shed roof and set up the guttering to the water butt.  At least I could see all of the leaks in the roof!!

An hour and a half later and I called it quits.  No cake making but I did cook a lovely chicken dinner.

digger1957

Planting in the rain
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 18:23 »
Quote from: "alan"
I, rather smartly, chose today to repair the felt on my shed roof and set up the guttering to the water butt.  At least I could see all of the leaks in the roof!!

An hour and a half later and I called it quits.  No cake making but I did cook a lovely chicken dinner.

...and who else had their Village Fete today? :cry:

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
Planting in the rain
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 18:44 »
Don't worry about your tomatoes being too tall.  Just plant them deeper to just below the first leaves.  They will be put more roots out through the buried stem.  This has worked for me in the glasshouse and on the plot.   :wink:

titch

Planting in the rain
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 20:11 »
hey digger 1957-

the local primary sschool had their fete today - it rained a wee bit but lucky me was inside a gazebo doing face painting - the village fete was last weekend, unusually sunny!!!

came home with lovely rhubarb, which as i type is crumbling away in the oven, to go with custard later yum yum

tomorrow got to shift compost from front to back garden so bound to rain, and also have some planting to do and making some chicken wire screens
just keep breathing................

digger1957

Planting in the rain
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 21:38 »
Quote from: "titch"
hey digger 1957-

the local primary sschool had their fete today - it rained a wee bit but lucky me was inside a gazebo doing face painting - the village fete was last weekend, unusually sunny!!!

came home with lovely rhubarb, which as i type is crumbling away in the oven, to go with custard later yum yum

tomorrow got to shift compost from front to back garden so bound to rain, and also have some planting to do and making some chicken wire screens

Good luck with the weather tomorrow titch! It's chucking it down here at the moment - maybe it'll rain itself out overnight.

lincspoacher

Planting in the rain
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 22:56 »
Quote from: "titch"
hey digger 1957-

I love rhubarb but we cant get the 2 inch x 2 inch x 24 inch baking tins...........

xx
rain, rain glorious rain!

Started by slow_worm on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post July 01, 2007, 09:43
by digger1957
xx
RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES

Started by duncan on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 23, 2007, 22:36
by Annie
xx
Too much rain!

Started by tudou on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 22, 2011, 09:38
by tudou
xx
Rain at Last

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

50 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 23:03
by aqua

Page created in 0.541 seconds with 27 queries.