Excited

• 39 Replies

Aunt Rhody

Excited
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 22:05 »
pungas and lancewoods native NZ trees. Had to build run around them/ I'll send phots.
Cheers
Aunt Rhody
Me and 8 year old now engaged in battle over the Rhode island. She thinks it's not red enough.
Ka kite from Aunt Rhody

Vember

Excited
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 22:12 »
Quote from: "Aunt Rhody"
Yes. I'm going to look for a digital camera today. So I'll get some on hopefully. PS: No foxes in New Zealand. An occasional rat, especially as we have some pine trees next to our house on one side. Cats afre the main thing so our coop and run entirely closed. I have a terrier, a soft coated wheaten. He's non agressive but has killed a rabbit before. Doesn't chase chickens on my brothers farm though.
Cheers
Aunt Rhody

Kia ora

It's lovely in NZ been twice for Holidays :)  You shouldn't have too much trouble with cats, mine were intrested to begin with but soon got bored  :lol:

Welcome to the hen house by the way

Jellyhead

Excited
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 22:15 »
Yes KO, you should read the recent topic about cats and chickens I think its called Cats and chickens :oops: or is it chickens and cats :? I think my Jelly is wobbling so off to bed :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Poolfield2

Excited
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 22:15 »
Aunt Rhody I haven't seen you on here before, welcome if you are new,  now I'm remembering the holiday of a lifetime I had with OH last year. Five weeks travelling around your lovely country....................I've gone all dreamy now :)  :)

Aunt Rhody

Excited
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 22:24 »
All you travellers and revellers!!! What you do with the fowls when you take big holidays accross the globe. We are going to England and Europe at Christmas.

Main laying time I think for hens
Cheers
Aunt Rhody

Foxy

Excited
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 22:26 »
Quote from: "Jellyhead"
Yes KO, you should read the recent topic about cats and chickens I think its called Cats and chickens :oops: or is it chickens and cats :? I think my Jelly is wobbling so off to bed :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nite nite Jelly, sweet dreams....I think I will have one more glass first! :lol:

Vember

Excited
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 22:28 »
Quote from: "Aunt Rhody"
All you travellers and revellers!!! What you do with the fowls when you take big holidays accross the globe. We are going to England and Europe at Christmas.

Main laying time I think for hens
Cheers
Aunt Rhody

I went to NZ before settling down it's over 12 years ago now, but what an experience, saved up for 6 months every bit of my wages went into the trip. Spent 2 lovely months out there, was very lucky though Aunt & Uncle provided accomodation :D

Poolfield2

Excited
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 22:31 »
When we go away we have a lovely neighbour that chook sits and when they are away I cat sit. 5 weeks was a big ask but they went to Australia for 4 weeks so I don't feel too bad.

Aunt Rhody

Excited
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 22:41 »
I heard that it's often easy to find chook sitters because they are paid handsomely in eggs
Aunt Rhody
I'm more concerned about the terrier. He hates being away from us.

stamford

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.chelseafc.com
Excited
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 18:03 »
We have some good friends  ( he's a kiwi - she's English ) they married 5 years ago but they're looking to go back to NZ within the next couple of years  :)  Cheap holidays with friends in New Zealand  :?:  Oh Yeahhhh  :wink:  Bring it on  :D  :D  :D

Aunt Rhody

Excited
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 21:33 »
we are going in a half hour. Only 2 hours til we meet the first lot. Coop looks gr8 now. 8 year old and I painted it avocado green yesterday. We made some heart stencils last night but can't paint them on today as it's spitting outside.  She read an article of the poultry pages for her homework last night and summarised it. Also we went down the beach last night- very full moon on the water -to get sand for their dust bath. So it's all go!!!
Cheers book book

Vember

Excited
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 21:38 »
Wa hey, Hope all goes well with the pick up Aunty R

Can't wait for photo's :)

FCG

Excited
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 22:01 »
Good luck Aunty R i know what it's like to get chickens soon, as i'm in my first day of owning them!

Weirdly thrilling right?

Porffor

Excited
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 22:56 »
It is exciting and great that you had fun painting your house and hope you get the stencils done. :)
My daughter and I revamped an old hutch and painted it purple with pink hearts on it! :lol: we have a bigger posher one now but i can't quite bear to get rid of the purple house..

Hope you get your chooks soon. :) they are lovely creatures and we are all (non-animal loving hubby) enjoying ours. :)

Aunt Rhody

Excited
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 08:14 »
kia ora
We hav therm!!!  They arer 3 brown shavers a black orpington a rhode island red and a partridge silky bantam. After a long drive we let them into their run. They loved it. Made themselves at home at once!!God knows what they found in there but they went pikky pikky pikky at the earth. A very small, very minor hen pecking sesh they seemed to sort themselves out.  A t dusk the Rhody and the silky went into the coop and the others crouched underneath. I put a lamp in there but only one went in so I lifted another in. Thee little black orpy is right now sleeping underneath the coop. Hope they benefit from the negative ions from the beach.

Cheers
Aunt Rhody
book book  :tongue2:

xx
Really Excited!!!!

Started by Foxy on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post January 15, 2008, 18:45
by Foxy
xx
very excited

Started by Debsie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 20, 2010, 13:53
by Jeanette
xx
VERY Excited!!!

Started by Newbie on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post March 27, 2008, 19:13
by babe
xx
i'm so excited woo hoo!!!

Started by pawsnclaws on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 17, 2009, 19:12
by Foxy

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 30 queries.