potatoe disease id

• 4 Replies

Little Dibber

potatoe disease id
« on: June 18, 2008, 00:13 »
Hi there,

Was out in the garden today and got a fright, have converted some lawn to growing some spuds.  

They seem to have had a yellow tinge on then some days which I thought was maybe lack of water, then I gave them a feed with some chicken pellets which I dissolved in water first so as they would be absorbed in to the soil quicker, that seemed to do the trick but today there is a definite problem showing:

This is what they have looked like some days:

I saw this the other day and wondered if it was just the exception not the rule:

Then today things seem to have taken a turn for the worse across a whole section of the spuds:

Can someone tell me what is happening to the spuds as this does not seem normal.

There were about 6 spuds that were planted and were not very deep, I discovered a foundation wall was underneath them, they have seemed poorly a lot and wondered if they would be ok but I think maybe now they have been the weak link in the chain and let some disease in:
"Know that this is your God, who could not consent to send anyone else to save you, but would come himself that he might gain for himself all your love."
St Alphonsus Ligouri

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
potatoe disease id
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:06 »
maybe lack of nutrients? not earthed up enuff and the holes prob slugs

gobs

potatoe disease id
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 16:23 »
Probably, lack of calcium can cause distorted growth too.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Little Dibber

potatoe disease id
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 23:48 »
Hi Guys,

I dissolved my chicken pellets in water and applied to the rows with the watering can and then mulched them with some grass clippings and the response was terrific.

All standing tall, the one that had fell over and seemed to be on the brink has rallied and throwing up new growth, the ones that with the holes in them have had a spurt of growth as well.  Really chuffed.

Was reading that Epson salts can be the game for the yellow leaf, Have applied first foliar feed and that seems to have been well received also.

gobs

potatoe disease id
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 00:00 »
Pleased for you, it turned out well. :D

xx
Potatoe

Started by Tom Hill on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post January 31, 2013, 00:37
by Jamrock
xx
potatoe day

Started by nobby on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post January 22, 2008, 21:33
by splodger
xx
which potatoe??

Started by casper on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 15, 2014, 08:05
by diospyros
xx
potatoe woe

Started by rictic on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 00:02
by rictic

Page created in 0.394 seconds with 35 queries.