newbie with seeds sprouting up

• 5 Replies

titch

« on: June 17, 2008, 19:45 »
Hi all, just had to share with people who will know how we feel :D

our two raised beds in the garden that are filled (two more to fill, waiting on the stuff to fill em with) have seeds just showing through.
last night there were a few, by lunch today a few more, and by the time we got home from work there are loads.

we are so excited by this new growth, with all the promise of what it may bring (i reckon we have done the easy bit, it will be growing to fruition that will be the hard part and waging war on the bugs and beasties).

my spuds and carrots in containers are doing v good too - only a little more time till they will be done and my chili plants have flowers.

Getting all giddy with it all - keep checking them to see they are ok!!!!!!

i dont care if i am sad, its all just brilliant

happy days
just keep breathing................

Runnerbean

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 21:43 »
Not sad at all!!!  I have had my half plot for about seven weeks now and after clearing it from the jungle it was i planted just about every seed i could find.  I wasn't expecting too much to happen, but after a couple of weeks my first seedlings came through, then more, then more.  
I have to keep going up every day to see if anything else has come up, and to check on the progress of them all. It's becoming an obsession!
Finally got the space, now just nead the girls!!

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 23:18 »
:D   I still love growing stuff from seed and I've been doing it for years. Never tire of seeing the little glimpses of green just breaking the surface  :D  They hold such promise  :D

FCG

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 23:34 »
It's not sad, i'm only onto my 3rd ish year of growing. It's brilliant spotting the seedlings come up and all the palaver of potting out etc.

johnathome

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 00:40 »
I know how you feel, i was round my patch on sunday and spotted 3 pea shoots :D

titch

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 19:50 »
i knew we werent alone , or sad either - been checking them again today and wow i can almost see them growing, hour by hour - i have been around for 40 years and only just noticeing how fab plants are

also had big bag of soil arrive for my other two beds and was going to barrow the lot in tonight but rain and footie stop play!!! (i am not watching the footie, rest of the family are)

i am loving growing our own food, even if its only shoots right now - we  just planted a whole load of seeds (some of which should have been planted a month or two ago) - we just thought 'what the heck' - as we are in devon we thought maybe the mild weather here might mean they catch up and if not - well its only a few packets of seeds and  will get practice at thinning and transplanting from tray to bed.

have been wearing the hugest grin on my head all day - and hubby came in from work, said a brief hi and headed out to the garden to check the progress - he then was wearing the same grin :D  :lol:

xx
sprouting seeds

Started by wighty on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 19:41
by gobs
xx
sprouting seeds

Started by fibilou on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 23, 2008, 20:58
by Stripey_cat
xx
Grow cabbages from sprouting seeds..?

Started by VegGirl7 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 22:09
by VegGirl7
xx
purple sprouting broccoli seeds

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 15, 2019, 13:25
by Grubbypaws

Page created in 1.195 seconds with 36 queries.