Bye for now...

• 11 Replies

Porffor

Bye for now...
« on: June 13, 2008, 21:16 »
Been busy bunnies today.. building the new henhouse - :) pics to follow next week ;)
it's not in place yet but is on it's stand/shelter for the chooks which boasts an outside perch, two indoor perches and large nesting area :) not sure whether this will need boxing into different nests or not, but it's communial for now.
Sliding door is fixed and works well (purchased from ebay) and has a pully system from the back 'nest/egg collection door' to open and close the sliding door.. thus closing and opening the house for the chooks without entering the run. :)

We're off for the weekend now, to finalise our foster daughters move to her adoptive parents, and I just wanted to say cheerio! ;) I'll miss our natters..and my chooks! I've telephone contact with my neighbour who will update me when how they are and let me do a 'bedtime check' :lol:

TTFN

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Bye for now...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 21:17 »
bye bye Porffor, hope all goes well at the weekend!!!!

Foxy

Bye for now...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 21:19 »
Have a lovely weekend!!!

Cant wait for the pics sounds amazing! :lol:

peggyprice

Bye for now...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 21:20 »
Really hope the weekend goes well, for you, your foster daughter and her new family, Porffor  :lol:  I'm sure it will be an emotional time for everyone so have a hug from another adoptive mum
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

Kate and her Ducks

Bye for now...
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 21:22 »
Sounds like an exciting weekend. Hope it goes well.  :)

Have a lovely weekend.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Jellyhead

Bye for now...
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 21:31 »
I hope the weekend goes just how you want it to Porffor :wink: Big hugs from over here :D
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Vember

Bye for now...
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 21:49 »
Hope it goes well Porffor

Take Care x

Porffor

Bye for now...
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 22:05 »
Thanks all (and peggy for hte adoptive mum hugs ;) ) lovely hugs from all! ... come right back at ya ((hugs))

I'm looking forward to the weekend but am a little worried as foster daughter is really out of sorts the last 36 hours.. hope she doesn't challenge new mum n' dad too much. She had real depression type behaviours when she first arrived and they seem to be showing themselves again. :( Hope they can work through them. :)

Well.. the henhouse is wonderful :) just gotta get it in place, really am pleased. :) definately what i wanted and a little time with the chooks has really helped show me what we need out of a house. :)

Am hoping to take on a couple of ex-battery's when I get home.. will keep the other house handy in case they don't all mix immediately. ;)

nettynoodles1

• Experienced Member
Bye for now...
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 22:11 »
good luck this weekend porffor hope it goes well.
your new house sounds great cant wait for the pics.

peggyprice

Bye for now...
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 22:11 »
Quote from: "Porffor"
I'm looking forward to the weekend but am a little worried as foster daughter is really out of sorts the last 36 hours.. hope she doesn't challenge new mum n' dad too much. She had real depression type behaviours when she first arrived and they seem to be showing themselves again. :( Hope they can work through them. :)

Maybe her reaction to change?  My eldest always has a major tantrum a few days before any major change, even if it's one he's initiated or is looking forward to.  I think it's to do with that fundamental feeling of never quite being totally secure - even though he's been with us since he was four months old and is now 19 and living happily away from home.  Again, I wish you all the best of all possible bests right now  :lol:

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
Bye for now...
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 22:19 »
Ahhh good luck this weekend, hope all goes well. You're a star doing what you do :D  and when you finish doing your hen house can you come and build one for me please, it sounds so wonderful :)  and like you i too have a converted rabbit house :wink:
Katt

Porffor

Bye for now...
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 22:20 »
thanks :) and yes peggy i agree.. she was passed from pillar to post before coming to us, and moved to Wales with us to prevent her changing family. She coped with introductions well till yesterday, so fingers x'd it's just a matter of her settling back down.

Our adoptive daughter came to us at 6 months :) It's always lovely to hear of a fellow adopter. :)

Page created in 1.172 seconds with 36 queries.