Typical Hen Prices ?

• 58 Replies

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 21:03 »
It seems prices are priced according to which part of the country you live in -this year we have purchased a poland chick for £3, a turkey for £5 and last weekend we bought a black frizzle cockarel and a black pekin hen for £20 for the 2 :lol:  :lol: - only trouble is we have know had to purchase more hen houses to keep them separate from our layers as we have just hatched a dozen young pekins for when we breed from them next year :lol:  :lol:  

clare

Porffor

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 21:04 »
wow wish i could find them that cheap around my way.. i'm just outside Llanelli.

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 21:08 »
i bought the frizzle and hen from a "game fair" in llandeilo( which i was really pleased about as they only had the one frizzle and i had always wanted one), the turkey from a bird auction in llandeilo also and the poland from a local bird sale near to where we live, i guess it's just the luck of the draw if they have what you want on the day thou :)   :)

Porffor

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 21:12 »
:) would you mind mailing me the details of the game fair and / or the bird sale in Llandeilo? not too far from me ... would be well worth a visit :) Thanks, Hope you don't mind my asking. :) I paid £15 each for our two pullet hybrids.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 21:18 »
I love Llandeilo, but the only times I went there were to try to persuade my alcoholic husband to come back home.  He ran away to live with the Rainbow Tribe, are they still there do you know?  living in their teepees????  He may still be with them    :lol:  :lol:

FCG

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 21:30 »
I've discovered a place that sells at £10 a bird about 10 miles form while i live, i'm extremely lucky!

Also Porffor could you possibly get up here? That might help, also the cheshire show is on this week.

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 21:31 »
Quote from: "GrannieAnnie"
I love Llandeilo, but the only times I went there were to try to persuade my alcoholic husband to come back home.  He ran away to live with the Rainbow Tribe, are they still there do you know?  living in their teepees????  He may still be with them    :lol:  :lol:
- I did see some strange looking people there - maybe he was one of them :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:  - The game fair is a great day out as it is set in a valley and every year we have had lovely sunshine when we go :)  :)  - the auction in llandeilo you have to take your own bird carriers with you if you buy anything as we found out the hard way after we bought the turkey and found out he did not have a box!, luckily there was a car boot sale on as well, and we were lucky enough to buy a dog crate to put him in or we would have had to travel back with a turkey on hubby's lap :lol:  :lol:

Porffor

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 21:36 »
Quote from: "freecyclegardener"
I've discovered a place that sells at £10 a bird about 10 miles form while i live, i'm extremely lucky!

Also Porffor could you possibly get up here? That might help, also the cheshire show is on this week.

Not sure at the moment, we are trying to stick close to home for the summer :) our first complete summer here, so spending a lot of it on the beach. ;) weather permitting. :)

I found a breeder nearby but the sale CMFAM gave me details off is likely my best bet. ;)

not in the market for loads of birds, so it's not too bad. :)

Roughlee Handled

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 10:58 »
I am shocked £20 for all POL's at Jubilee Farm Blackpool.  Not sure what to do now? £60 is allot of money for 3 birds.
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Vember

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 13:22 »
Roughlee could you get to where Freecycle gardener found the £10 ones??

Quote - I've discovered a place that sells at £10 a bird about 10 miles form while i live, i'm extremely lucky!

A couple of post's above this one :?

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 08:24 »
I bought 2 x RIR L/Sussex (good layers) plus a pure breed Light Sussex all sexed, Vaccinated and all one day old £5.61

By buying these you just have to wait a little longer for your first egg but a good price never the less.

jonandjen16

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 08:41 »
i just bought 4 pure light sussex and 2 lav pekins for £60  sussex 4 months old, pekins 3 i think

Roughlee Handled

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 08:45 »
Quote from: "kimT"
I bought 2 x RIR L/Sussex (good layers) plus a pure breed Light Sussex all sexed, Vaccinated and all one day old £5.61

By buying these you just have to wait a little longer for your first egg but a good price never the less.

Where did you get them from?  I may go over the boarder to get them.  But I am not sure could cause problems them being from Yorkshire and my girls being from Lancashire.

Roughlee Handled

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 11:19 »
Thanks to  freecyclegardener.      
http://www.gardenpoultry.cwc.net/
Off this Saturday to collect 3 bird not sure what yet.  Sounds excellent.  Out kept door free ranged.  You can choose your chuck.  

ALL POL £11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have

And a coral rock!!
 Wow. All £11 each!!

Vember

Typical Hen Prices ?
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 11:31 »
Wow That's fantastic Roughlee

Real pleased you found some :D

xx
Typical!

Started by Silkysmooth on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 03:11
by hillfooter
xx
Egg Prices

Started by New Hampshire lover on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post May 17, 2008, 19:28
by flatcap
xx
egg prices

Started by blackbob on The Hen House

22 Replies
Last post January 16, 2009, 10:25
by blackbob
xx
poultry prices

Started by darren64 on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post September 16, 2011, 01:09
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.58 seconds with 36 queries.