Mr Fox has been

• 33 Replies

too many girls

Mr Fox has been
« on: June 06, 2008, 22:35 »
And killed one of our pet lambs, Primrose was one of triplets and her mum rejected her, we're gutted, she was with 3 others (also pets) but he left them alone and went for the smallest, he's better not come back tonight as i'm taking my daddy's gun and i'll blow his head off

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Mr Fox has been
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 22:37 »
Awww, poor little thing, I am so sorry, hope you get the little b*****d!!!!!

Poolfield2

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 22:38 »
So sorry to hear your sad story, hope he never comes back :cry:

too many girls

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 22:41 »
we've brought the other 3 in to the stables ( lazarus, trio, and snowdrop) primrose was all our favourite, don't know why

peggyprice

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 22:45 »
So sorry, TMG, must be horrible to find something like that.  Take it all your girls are locked up safe for the night ?
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

too many girls

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 22:53 »
too right they are, we knew there was a fox about as we've seen him, there's no chance he can get the girls unless he takes them in broad daylight, the dogs woke me up barking last night, i'm kicking myself for not going out to check, this whole place is alarmed (can't even go for a wee at night without setting something off) and last time they got me up it was because of a hedgehog in the porch, so i didn't bother, i reckon i would have been too late anyway as the fieldthey were in is quite a distance from the house and i don't run that well in slippers...........

Porffor

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 09:52 »
:( So sorry for the loss of primrose. :( are you able to allow the dogs to roam the farm? so they could get around if something was about? if they had access to their field, but the ability to get out if need be.. would that help.

Just thinking fox is likely to come back now he knows there is a food supply. :(

Vember

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 10:29 »
So sorry to hear about Primrose  :cry:

Kate and her Ducks

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 11:13 »
Oh how terrible. Its heartbreaking when you lose something that you have nutured and protected. I lost some ducklings to a magpie and a (non-poultry keeping) friend tried to console me by pointing out it was natures order. Seemed very surprised that I wasn't reassured and thought a better order would be me shooting them all - definately with you on your daddys gun :evil:
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Porffor

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 17:54 »
Kate, some people don't think before they open their mouths..  :shock: I had a few people like that (who i now seldom speak to) make comments similar to that when I had a miscarriage. :( The gun would have been aimed a few humans if i'd had one for a few weeks i can tell you!

Kate and her Ducks

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 18:29 »
I think people mean well but they never seem to be quite so keen on nature's order when it's them on the downside. Really sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can't imagine how painful that must be. Put's losing a couple a ducklings firmly into perspective. Shame there's not a hug emoticon or I'd send one.  :?

Oliveview

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 18:58 »
So sorry about Primrose TMG  what a dreadful thing to happen.  My cousin lost 4 hens a couple of weeks ago to a fox.   We lost our Chihuahua in January, he was killed by a Bull Mastiff, we were both heart broken. Pets do become one of the family (unless you are a Spanish dog, then you are just a dog or cat)
Pamela

Foxy

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 22:02 »
oh TMG -I am so sorry to hear about Primrose -how awful!
Porffor -I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage,very brave of your to mention it -I am sure that all of here will be sending hugs to your both!!

Porffor

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 22:35 »
Thanks both. it just angers me that people can be so insensitive, animals can break your heart just as well as a child can.. yet some can't see it. :(
Thankfully it is some time ago now, not that i don't think of it now and then of course.

Wish there was a wet fish we could slap insensitive people with! :lol:

chickchick

Mr Fox has been
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 22:44 »
mmmm my m-i-l was a candidate for the wet fish or rifle a few years back, i too had 2 miscarriages, and she was as sensitive as a......wire brush! the hurtful comments at the time will never fade, grrr, she has 3 grandchildren living 17 miles away and cant be bothered to make an effort. never once has she offered to help/babysit. she does nothing, moans she does nothing, and still doesnt bother with my kids. think she doesnt like me! sorry to moan but it makes me so cross, shes missing out on so much

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 37 queries.