Sam Fox been a visiting ???

• 32 Replies

poultrygeist

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 16:23 »
Not sure the neighbours would be too happy unless it's very quiet. I suppose any old tranny wired up to the light would do.

The dog marks well round that area but all this rain won't be helping. I do like the sound of the boiler suit idea. We may have one of those white disposable ones still. Could wear it for a while then stuff it with old clothing unwashed. I've got some combats and a t-shirt I used to do the flat roof in which are ruined.

I'll get Julei onto it and maybe she can rustle up something nasty smelling. My t-shirt should be ideal  :shock:

Rob

peggyprice

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 16:25 »
Quote from: "poultrygeist"
Not sure the neighbours would be too happy unless it's very quiet. I suppose any old tranny wired up to the light would do.

The dog marks well round that area but all this rain won't be helping. I do like the sound of the boiler suit idea. We may have one of those white disposable ones still. Could wear it for a while then stuff it with old clothing unwashed. I've got some combats and a t-shirt I used to do the flat roof in which are ruined.

I'll get Julei onto it and maybe she can rustle up something nasty smelling. My t-shirt should be ideal  :shock:

Rob

Shall I put you in touch with my teenager  :?:  :lol:  :?:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

poultrygeist

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 16:29 »
Send all his washing here and it'll be put to good use  :lol:

Wildeone

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 16:54 »
Quote from: "poultrygeist"
I suppose any old tranny wired up to the light would do.

That should see off anybody let alone a fox :!:
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

poultrygeist

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 17:05 »
:lol:  :lol:

I realised after I'd posted it that it might sound a bit cruel, to wire up a cross-dresser. Well done for spotting it !!  :lol:

Jellyhead

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 18:17 »
The smell of 5 dogs round the place seems to put Monsieur R off our place, BUT, I have heard really truly that the smell of human weewee is one of the best fox deterrents  :roll: Praps this could become a business if marketed right. A new perfume  :roll: called Foxy Par Farm get it  :lol:  :lol: Parfum or translated Foxy Not Farm, oh yes another Jelly moment :roll:  :oops: sorry but I do live in France and its the cleverest thing I have thought of all day :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

poultrygeist

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 18:31 »
Une blague francaise !! Tres bien madame tete de gelee !  :lol:

Sort of.

Schoolboy French comes out of the bottom drawer again.  :)

Rob

poultrygeist

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 18:39 »
I've been busy hanging up some old CDs from string around strategic parts of the run at about 6-18" from the ground in the hope it might unsettle him/her.

I'll watch out form about 10pm with the dog to hand so he can smell if it arrives. Might even sit out there if it's not too inhospitable.

Would love to get a photo but highly unlikely !  :)

Rob

Porffor

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 22:09 »
hope last night did the trick and no fox spotted!

poultrygeist

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 22:13 »
I'll have a look round in a bit but with the rain persistently coming down, it might just trot by.

I'll set a few traps so I know if it comes investigating. The odd stick leant across the gap in the hedge, etc.

Rob

Porffor

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 22:15 »
ooh you are almost as cunning as a fox! ;) sorry it's raining and spoiling your look out.  :roll:

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 22:20 »
Two garden up have chickens - MR F went a visiting the other evening and met up with their 6 dogs - terriers! He won't be calling no more. Which is a shame 'cos I like 'em when they're not chop chop munch munching!

Porffor

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 22:26 »
glad / relieved to hear a terrier (or six) v's a fox wins the fight! :) am hopeful my two will help guard the chooks. :)

poultrygeist

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 22:27 »
Just did the rounds and no sign of anything fox-like. The dog wasn't bothered at all. Left the cat aitting by the coop watching for mice. She always did like rainy nights  :)

Have to persuade her to come in shortly. Few biscuits should do it.

Rob

Foxy

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 22:43 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Have just got this image of 2 foxes with really bemused expressions ...watching you sticking up Cds in combats black face paint on, oh yes....not forgeting the strategically placed sticks, with classic FM in the background..trying to hang an old boiler suit stuffed with old socks in a hedge....blinded by your extra strong PIR lights..Oh my!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

please please can we have pics....(when you have finished "scenting!") :lol:  :lol:

xx
Visiting

Started by danfinn1 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post July 12, 2015, 22:27
by danfinn1
xx
Visiting birds on allotments..

Started by agoentis on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 11:22
by woodburner

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 36 queries.