My 4 ex batts

• 2 Replies

conventgirl

My 4 ex batts
« on: May 30, 2008, 16:28 »
My girls are settling in really well, although our old male duck doesnt seem too impressed!

I know its the law to post piccies on here but for some reason my pc is playing up so when i have got a spare half hour i will look into it so you can see my girls.

They have all been named: Nessa, Maggie, Flopsy and Mabel  :)

Nessa is really quite chunky!!!  Got some neck feathers missing. She seems to be a loner.  She is the only one who has taken to her new perch..although i have the feeling the other chucks are probably wondering what daisy the duck is doing on there too!!!

Maggie is pretty bald, small but is quite aggressive...for the past two nights when she has gone to bed she has got on the old male ducks back and started pecking his head!  Any ideas on how i could stop this im sure the old fella would appreciate any suggestions.
 :wink:

Flopsy has got the biggest comb i have seen in a long time. Thinish and lots of feathers missing. She seemed a little under the weather today but i started to dig for her and she managed to show a little interest in the worms  :)

Finally Mabel.  She is the darkest of the four and has really found the move quite hard. Quite thin with a droppy wing and a few missing feathers round her crop. On Wednesday she really just wasnt impressed so stood in the corner hunched up on her own.  She did show a little interest in food and ate out of my hand. She was so shocked when she laid and egg on the slabs yesterday..she just stood looking at it!  She was a little more lively but today i have had to become nurse...there was blood in the shed this morning.  On closer inspection she had ripped the back claw pretty much off  :( i have no idea how she has done this.  After sitting with her on my knee for around 30 minutes i decided to wash her foot, cut the hanging bit off and bandage it up.  She took it all in her stride and is now scratching about with the bandage on  :wink:

Today they have had the run of the whole garden and are busy off exploring...luckly they havent found the bedding plants yet  :)

It was well worth it driving over to Spalding to collect them..bless them

x

Vember

My 4 ex batts
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 19:52 »
Sounds like they're settling in real well

Just wish there were Photo's for me to Ahh & Ooooo at :(

Glad to hear they're enjoying their freedom :D

nettynoodles1

• Experienced Member
My 4 ex batts
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 15:27 »
glad your hens are doing well too, sounds like we have loads of happy hens . love the names btw.
keep us updated love to hear how they get on

xx
Might be getting our ex-batts soon!

Started by beki on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 28, 2008, 22:25
by hazelize_uk
xx
Got the ex batts

Started by sandra d on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post December 22, 2008, 01:09
by Hawkins
xx
New ex-batts

Started by ck2day on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 28, 2008, 20:50
by nettynoodles1
xx
Ex Batts First Day

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 19, 2008, 23:41
by Poolfield2

Page created in 0.502 seconds with 36 queries.