On Tenterhooks...

• 5 Replies

Kate and her Ducks

On Tenterhooks...
« on: May 30, 2008, 16:06 »
I have 13 white Campbell eggs due to hatch in the next 2 days. I have not had much luck in the past hatching from my incubator (R-COM 20 PRO which had problems with humidity control on previous runs but now sorted). By this stage the ducklings had either hatched or were dead fully formed in their shells. In this lot a couple have just started cheeping in their shells and rocking but not much else. Am worried wether I should be doing something to help as those I have intervened (a better sounding word than interferred :oops: ) have done better on average than those I have left to nature. Wondering how long I can sit on my hands and hope things are ok now the incy problems are sorted. Any advice/opinions about help outs or even just a stern talking to about interferring in a natural process would be apprieciated :?

Kate
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Vember

On Tenterhooks...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 19:00 »
if it were me I'd wait an see how things are going tomorro.

Ducks can take a while, so I'm told

My call ducks are due in three days and they're rocking :D

Jellyhead

On Tenterhooks...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 21:18 »
I found that my ducklings took 2/3 days to hatch from the start of pipping :shock: altho I have helped chicks out of shells I haven't done so with ducklings and would be a bit wary of doing so as the shells are so tuff :roll:
Good luck tho :D
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Kate and her Ducks

On Tenterhooks...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 22:05 »
Am trying to sit on my hands while keeping my fingers crossed. Will hold out a bit longer :roll:

peggyprice

On Tenterhooks...
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 22:32 »
Quote from: "Kate and her Ducks"
Am trying to sit on my hands while keeping my fingers crossed. Will hold out a bit longer :roll:

Could be uncomfortable  :wink: Don't think I'd better get into hatching ... don't think I could stand the suspense.  Patience not one of my strong points  :oops:

On the other hand, a few one day old ducklings ... very tempting :lol:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

Kate and her Ducks

On Tenterhooks...
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 22:56 »
Its worth all the anxiety!!! And the cramp in my hands from all that sitting and finger crossing :D  Patience is not my strong point either, my job is pretty much about intervention and trying to prevent bad, if natural things happening to people and thats not always a east thing to leave at the front door. The very exciting news is that 2 of them have pipped!!!! Can't decide wether that make the temptation to fiddle greater or less :roll:

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 36 queries.