New Chicken Owners - but not excluding oldies! lol

• 16 Replies

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 23:53 »
[quote
Total number of eggs to date:  59. From 5 and a bit hens.  Average of 2 and a bit eggs per hen per week. Cost of feed to date:  £12.  Cost of everything else:  don't want to go there.  Cost per egg:  lots more than would be from the supermarket.  Humph :!:  :!:  :!:

Compost bin filling up well though.

:([/quote]

Mr Katt called me in from the garden today as they were talking about how popular keeping chickens is getting on Talk Sport, anyway they were basically taking the mick out of people who are just trying to get back to a more traditional way of living, calling us hippies, and tree huggers, laughing at the fact that its cheaper to buy from the supermarket etc, I have to say I saw red :evil: , can't stand that stupid radio station anyway and there they were casting judgment, why dont some people understand that its the knowledge of knowing where your eggs come from and that they have been fed well, cared for and have a happy life that makes keeping chickens and eating their yummy eggs such a joy.

We all know that keeping chickens for their eggies isnt' an investment, blimey it'll take years to gain back all the money us 'chicken huggers' spend on our feathery friends but who cares, we're happy :D
Katt

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 23:57 »
OOOps...referance to above, I was trying to quote peggy's bit on the cost of her chickens as I thought it was very funny but can't get the hang of picking snippets to quote :oops:

just incase you wondered who I was quoting

xx
chicken owners in Bristol

Started by Shazzer on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post September 02, 2007, 13:31
by Shazzer
xx
Calling Chicken owners Lincoln way!

Started by GrannieAnnie on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 09, 2008, 17:15
by Stree
xx
Polish Chicken Owners ... have a question?

Started by Jae Dawn on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 16, 2010, 11:42
by Jae Dawn
xx
oldies and newies!

Started by HENrietta on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post February 17, 2009, 17:21
by HENrietta

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 36 queries.