Iris - toxic?

• 2 Replies

Porffor

Iris - toxic?
« on: May 25, 2008, 20:04 »
I have just had a nosey at the poultry information and found a link to toxic plants (to cats). Iris is listed, and I have some iris bulbs (leaves only at the moment) in my chicken run...  :shock:

The link isn't working to the information though, does anyone know anything about them?

Looks like i may be getting my shovel out in a minute...

Kate and her Ducks

Iris - toxic?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 18:24 »
Got Iris in my garden and didn't know about its possible toxicity, however neither the cats or ducks are in the slightest bit interested in it (or the rhubarb for that matter). Hardly an expert opinion but I've had no problems.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Porffor

Iris - toxic?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 18:28 »
My chooks have been nibbling them the last 2 days.. since they arrived.. so took no prisoners this morning and dug them out! :( I do have about 3 other clumps in the back garden and a lot in a front garden border, so will have to have a think about them.. haven't caught the dogs eating them so they may get to stay. :) I hate getting rid of plants that are pretty but didn't want to risk the girls being ill.

xx
Best, most toxic rat poison

Started by Chookiechook on The Hen House

22 Replies
Last post April 25, 2010, 13:50
by TeaPots

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 36 queries.