Recurring Posts....

• 56 Replies

kizza

• Experienced Member
Recurring Posts....
« on: May 25, 2008, 15:18 »
Just like to thank every forum member on here for their hospitality, friendliness and knowledge of helping new members with their chicken problems. This site is amazing and all of its member deserve sheer credit for how remarkably friendly the atmosphere is and how questions are answered swiftly and correctly :S. For all those new to forums or keeping poultry, i am sure every member of this forum will offer useful advice. It is a place to make friends in such a wonderful community here. We understand every thread to be unique in the way it is answered, everyone is individual and has their own individual problems. Just like to say thanks guys for your never-ending help

P.S  reckon Munty will agree with me here ;)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well done Kizza for completely changing this post, from your previous entry here saying that repeat topics are boring and people should just use the search button.  It seems the replies of members here below have indeed changed your mind - good for you  :!:  but you should really have added a post to the end rather than completly turning this one around.

Aunt Sally  :D

muntjac

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 15:22 »
sorry kizza i dont  :lol: .some folks newbies mainly hyavent quite fthomed out the search button,,,yehhhhhhhh u guessed it evn me when i joined ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so long ago ,,, as they learn the ropes most foks do get to grips with the insnouts of how things werk but for myself i dont mind giving the info ,,,,when the foklks seaqrch a q/ later they get so many other tips and info as well :wink:
still alive /............

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Recurring Posts....
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 15:25 »
I see what you mean Kizza, but for a new member, they won't know what's been said before, and its no good them searching for something that may not be on here if you know what I mean!

also, we don't want to just say to people refer to the poultry pages or just read all the old posts do we?  We are a sharing, caring forum, and if anyone needs help, then we give it where we can.

This has been discussed in the past, but personally I think if I don't want to read about something, then I just skip over it.  But that's only my opinion.

GrannieAnnie

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 15:26 »
nearly snap there Munty!!!!!

Wildeone

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 15:27 »
I also think it's much more reassuring to get advice for you esp when hens are sick etc instead of reading advice meant for someone else.  8)
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Recurring Posts....
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 15:30 »
What am I doing in here?

The forums would die a death if questions weren't repeated. If you look at the 'GYO' forum, you get the similar questions repeated at the same time of the year.

However, you may get a new slant on things or even a completely different perspective on the subject matter, which you wouldn't have got otherwise.

You also get to 'know' the new member which you wouldn't if they used the search facility.

"It's good to talk".
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

poultrygeist

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 15:43 »
Also, try searching for red mites or similar. Hundreds of posts most of which don't answer anything.

Tried it many times and it never really covers your own 'special' problem.  :)

Rob

poultry paul

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 15:55 »
I’m new to this entire chicken raising thing but so far have found this forum a very good source of info. As with any new venture at first things seem very overwhelming and the slightest little things worry you.
Through your questions forum I can tap into a massive combined experience of chickens from those who have already ‘been there and done that’.

I would like thank you all who added to my previous posts offering words of advice and encouragement.

Although some of the ‘older hacks’ may tire of the same questions over and over again but surely they must still remember when they too were unsure and in need of friendly advice?

Thanks again.

GrannieAnnie

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 16:00 »
I never forget the huge amounts of advice and encouragement I've had from this forum paul, don't worry!!!!!  Also answering people's queries remind us of things we may have forgotten too!!!!

Porffor

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 16:58 »
Perhaps a few sticky threads or a 'FAQS' would help us newbies?
I do try and search for things - but it's nice to talk as said earlier, and also search throws up everything that even mentions the subject.

In a few days I have got to know quite a few members well and that is what forums are all about :). in my opinion anyhow. :)

babe

• elvis king of chooks
Re: Recurring Posts getting boring?
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 17:02 »
Quote from: "kizza"
Do you find recurring posts quite boring and irratating? Especially people with chicken health problems and things like that. Afterall they could just click the seach button and see what advice has already been given to people.

that would be so 'impersonal', i cant say ive ever been bored or irratated. and would be rather upset if i was told to go and search for an answer,
especially if one of my girls was poorly.

thankfully, this forum is full of people who are helpful, friendly and never make anyone feel like a nuisance. its why we keep coming back.

Bodger

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 17:03 »
I must admit to having answered the same questions on numerous occasions but realise that some people may not only be new to this forum but maybe entirely new to forums in general.
A newbie may also be unable to retrieve old information from the Lotty attic. :lol:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Recurring Posts....
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 17:05 »
Quote from: "Porffor"
Perhaps a few sticky threads or a 'FAQS' would help us newbies?

As I said in another post, I know nothing about this subject, so I tend to keep my nose - and other anatomical parts out! You'll find a few stickies & FAQ's in the 'Poultry - Information' forum.

Belinda

• Experienced Member
Recurring Posts....
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 17:09 »
I think that one of the nicest things about this forum is that everyone is so friendly and helpful. It makes it easier to ask questions and you don't feel so silly asking them as the replys you get are always positive and helpful. I'm sure I will have lots of questions to ask when I get my chickens that have been asked many times before so I apologise in advance.I have tried searching and you can't always find the answer you are looking for.

Foxy

Recurring Posts....
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 17:17 »
Quote from: "poultrygeist"
Also, try searching for red mites or similar. Hundreds of posts most of which don't answer anything.

Tried it many times and it never really covers your own 'special' problem.  :)

Rob

Rob ahh bless -what special problem u got? We are a caring sharing forum you know :wink:  :wink:

xx
Please can you Help With Recurring Problem

Started by madmare on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post August 23, 2008, 00:19
by MontyTom
xx
Recurring sickness new chickens

Started by sharper35 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2011, 14:35
by joyfull
xx
Recurring soft-shelled eggs

Started by Casey76 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post September 18, 2009, 22:06
by Roughlee Handled
xx
Posts duh!

Started by colliebird on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 04, 2009, 13:01
by Vember

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 37 queries.