sow your onions

• 96 Replies

king cauli

• Experienced Member
couldnt get the link cuz im illiterate
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 17:59 »
i spelled calendar wrong,doe, :lol: www.the-gardeners-calendar.co.uk/
sorry :!: i definately found that earlier sowings of garlic were much less vigorous ,moon planted were much bigger bulbs,have done the same again with garlic  oct/nov and can see a vast improvement already  compared to ones not planted by the chart,i aint no expert,but it works for me,and apparently thousands of others,not gonna hurt to try for yourself is it?im going to seperate all my seeds into two batches and test everything with the method and see hoe it goes,good luck :D
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/th_thc.jpg[/img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/caulicow.jpg[/img]

Ice

• muck spreader
sow your onions
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 19:45 »
Hi there KC.  I thought it might be interesting for an old cynic like me to have a go at moon planting some onions as an experiment.  I had a look at the site you mentioned and it said the 14th and 15th were bad days to plant onions.  Have I got that wrong?  Thought I remember you saying the 15th was a good day.
Devils advocate  :evil:
Cheese makes everything better.

king cauli

• Experienced Member
sorry
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 02:03 »
beg your pardon ice,the 19th you should sow,but so some today a bit earlier to compare to the moon ones,once again sorry for the bad info

Ice

• muck spreader
sow your onions
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 13:23 »
Right, that's half a packet of Bunton's Showstopper onions planted in a tray of John Innes No1.  I'll do the same again on the 19th.  By the time anything grows I will find out how to transfer pictures onto pc without it crashing. Wouldn't say my mind is open, but in this case I've left it a little ajar :wink:

Annie

sow your onions
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 14:09 »
I`ll be trying the same,it will be interesting to compare results when we harvest.
Thanks King C,the link works now.

king cauli

• Experienced Member
onion seed
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 14:58 »
good luck and bountiful onions

tali

sow your onions
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 19:17 »
i only have a small plastic green house next to my shed when do you think it will be safe to start putting seed trays in there??
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

king cauli

• Experienced Member
tali
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 19:25 »
tali is that you nicola? :D

tali

sow your onions
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 19:32 »
no i'm not nicola!! do i look like someone lol!!!

king cauli

• Experienced Member
yes
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 21:37 »
yes sorry,you look just like someone called nicola higgins,had to ask aint seen her for about 20 years ,last living in chelmsley by the bell pub.sorry my mistake :oops:

tali

sow your onions
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 22:22 »
No worries king we all have doubles don't we  :D

Ice

• muck spreader
sow your onions
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007, 15:04 »
Thats the other half packet of onions planted today on what is supposed to be a good day moonwise.  As the temperature is set to plummet, should I bring them indoors, oh wise allotmenteers?

Annie

sow your onions
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 15:11 »
Sewing mine today but keeping them on the kichen window sill adding bubble wrap at night.

muntjac

sow your onions
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2007, 22:52 »
leave it for a while yet tali .im not even thinking about it for another month or so . if you are new to growing onions i would start with sets as to do it with seeds is not in my opinion a good choice for a begginer to go for as it could be a big disapointment  .with sets you will get a crop and with the knowledge gained can atttempt seed onions later
still alive /............

Ice

• muck spreader
sow your onions
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 20:01 »
B****r.  First seed to show it's head was one planted on the 19th.  Seeds planted on the 16th, nothing.  It's a marathon, not a sprint so we will see in the autumn.  

Absolutely nothing will convince this born again atheist and cynic that the moon had anything to do with it, but I will continue as scientifically as I can.

This is going to be a long wait

Page created in 0.465 seconds with 37 queries.