Duck Feed

• 6 Replies

Kate and her Ducks

Duck Feed
« on: May 18, 2008, 14:50 »
Hi,

I have a small troup of (mainly) white Campbell ducks. I would prefer to feed them organic feed but have not been able to find any organic duck feed. Am I better to stick to something like the Allen and Page Smallholder duck range or use organic chicken layers pellets. What is actually the difference between chicken and duck feed (except of course the medicated ones which I steer well clear of).
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Vember

Duck Feed
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 14:53 »
To be honest I don't know if there is a diffrence,
 I've been giving mine the duck/goose breeder pellets from the small holder range and they go down well with my call ducks :)

Kate and her Ducks

Duck Feed
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 15:17 »
Thanks for the quick reply. Think I will go with that particularly as I've heard that feeding layers pellets to drakes long term can be bad for them.

Vember

Duck Feed
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 15:26 »
Have you put any photo's of your ducks on the forum???

I have some pics of mine on my profile album

would love to see your ducks :) Photo please  :lol:

Kate and her Ducks

Duck Feed
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 17:22 »
Have managed to upload a couple of pics to my profile gallery. Bit little but they give you an idea of what they are like. Hoping to get them all together soon but am doing it gradually as there is quite a bit of fairly vicious bullying going on when they are together at the moment and the ducklings are still pretty small. Growing like weeds though and I'm sure they will be able to hold their own soon.

Vember

Duck Feed
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 17:44 »
they are lovely Kate. I
 thought about getting some campbells but was told they are messy????

Love the names too   :lol:

Kate and her Ducks

Duck Feed
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 18:13 »
I don't really have anything to compare them too, they don't seem any messier than I was expecting (although that is fairly messy). They are a bit of a nervous breed which I didn't really notice till I got my other ducklings. The thing I have found is that they are really noisy which I wasn't expecting as I had been told they were fairly quiet breed. Then again maybe they are a quiet breed in which case I would hate to have a noisy breed. Given I live on an suburban estate in Liverpool my neighbours are very understanding. They say they like the noise as it makes them feel like they are in the country. One neighbour told me that they are better than an alarm clock as they wake them up at 7 every morning and are nicer to listen to. I am very lucky to have neighbours that think that is a good thing!!!
The Black is much quieter and placid than the others. I am hoping its a girl as really don't want to end up with too many drakes and don't think I could get rid of it.

xx
Duck feed

Started by Henerz on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 20, 2011, 09:07
by Sassy
xx
Duck Feed - Chick Crumbs

Started by darrena on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post May 18, 2009, 20:07
by darrena
xx
Wild duck couple on my pond - is it ok to feed them?

Started by SusieB on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post April 25, 2015, 08:19
by SusieB
xx
1 aylesbury duck with 1 runner duck

Started by thedalaisheep on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 10:29
by joyfull

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 36 queries.