NEW GARDENING SERIES IN 2007

• 55 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 00:33 »
Well what a disapointment that was - a typical arty farty BBC media luvvies nonsensical atmospheric all puff and no content heap of rubbish waste of licence fee and electricity.

Plant your spuds 6" apart... that's really going to mislead people. I honestly think that load of twaddle will do more harm than good.

Oh for the sainted Geoff Hamilton, he talked sense,
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Puff

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 03:02 »
Whaddya mean 'all puff'  :evil:

It sure was a lightweight programme though.  Most disappointing.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 08:47 »
I agree John, two weeks of wheeling and dealing for the tele and complete C***, I read that the Sun is doing a running article on square foot veg gardening over the next few weeks in their gardening bit, I get the feeling this will be more usefull than the C*** on Friday nights, well at least you can compost the paper after.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

shaun

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 09:56 »
it was a bit kak wasnt it i watched it yesterday the voice and squeeling and that poor husband  :) .that other one with simon mayo was much better but that got a bit predictable in the end.
these shows are for beginners like karl there not aimed at us hardened professionals  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

rmd

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 10:03 »
I had also fought hard for TV time (!) and was disappointed.  Not what I had hoped for. Never mind.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 10:19 »
What annoys me is that they have spent a fortune making that programme and it is worse than poor, it positively gives the wrong information.  How many people now think you dig a trench, drop the spuds in and that's that.
They're going to try and then fail and then give up.
<sigh>

shaun

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 10:21 »
thats what you do init john  :D
you are right though its a half hour of gobbideeguke.

Annie

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 11:32 »
I`m going to reserve judgment after all we know that all beginners with and average small garden will srart with potatoes and fartychokes not fancy stuff like toms,lettuce runner/french bens etc!

silver8

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 12:16 »
At least you lot got to watch it. Wasnot shown here in Wales as with many of the Friday night gardening shows.The BBC obviously think that no one is interested in gardening in Wales. Had to put up with Rugby yet again.

Annie

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 16:04 »
Is it repeated anytime for those doomed to rugby,I know that you can get video clips on the bbc website but these make the program seem interesting.
 PS for Shaun there is a mention on prog.4 of that cauliflower you were interested in.

muntjac

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 16:09 »
was a bit rubbish i did expect less of the back patting and more garden work myself ,it would be good to have a hour long program live from a plot just to show it warts and all .but what more can u expect from the tv nowaadays . i bet it is repeated before the end of the year tho .. how many orthers have seen that blooming animal park so many times i can name the dam ferrets by heart  :x  set ya self a litle test go through the tv guide for the week counting up tv hours and then the programmes that are repeated...2/3rds over Christmas week .beat that
still alive /............

shaun

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 22:24 »
Quote from: "Annie"
PS for Shaun there is a mention on prog.4 of that cauliflower you were interested in.

sure it wasnt a cabbage annie and what was said ?

Flower

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 00:39 »
I watched Carol Klein too and love to listen to her font of knowledge. I was hoping she was off to an allotment but there you go. She puts her spuds in  deep beds then, and spaces them quite close at 6 ins apart in rows one spade depth by three spades across.Well rotted muck having been worked in in the autumn? Hmm. She sold me nearly to those Jerusalem artichokes  too but I dont think I'd want them forever , or would I? I'm feeling very confused.Perhaps Geoff Hamilton would have put some spuds in a barrel that he'd found and recycled from the pub, just to give it a go and topped it up with grass clippings. As to the artichokes well I dunno.I  think she's better at flowers myself and the rest of her cottge garden looked like she knew what she was doing there.

Annie

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 10:13 »
Yes Shaun Kilaxy cabbage,I`ve no idea what she says about them I just saw them mentioned as a vegetable to be covered on one of the progs.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 11:06 »
Kilaxy F1 Cabbage
It's a club root resistant variety, available from Suttons and Dobies (see the veg seeds on the shop) - also being given to NVS members on renewal this year.

xx
Geoff Hamilton TV Series??

Started by littlemisssunshine on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 30, 2007, 10:59
by tallulah
xx
LOOKING FOR TOMATO GROWERS! BBC 2 series - What to Eat: Summer

Started by Sarah R on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 30, 2009, 10:12
by Rowan
xx
Weather predictions 2007

Started by yanfoex on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 15, 2007, 21:27
by yanfoex
xx
2007 end of tomato season

Started by muntjac on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 11:23
by muntjac

Page created in 0.5 seconds with 36 queries.