Long Range gardening

• 3 Replies

polly nator

• Experienced Member
Long Range gardening
« on: May 11, 2008, 16:17 »
I'm thousands of miles away, in the desert that is Kuwait (work - in case you wonder why) , panicking about everything at home - young plants scorching in greehouse, strawberries drying up, weeds taking over - and sending desperate emails and texts  to long suffering family in an attempt to do some long range gardening and motivate 22 yr old son (who is at home) to look after the produce. Will my nerves stand it? I get back May 30. Will I be too late! Or in other words if my current crops perish - how much can I retrieve by starting again in June???
By the way I took some fscinating advice from this forum and chopped up several babies nappies to make soggy pot liners! for greenhouse!

Trillium

Long Range gardening
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 16:59 »
I can only hope your family helped you out. If they didn't, you can always search local garden centres for started plants to replace any losses. It'll cost a bit, but as you're in Kuwait, you don't have much choice. The plants will still taste better from being grown in your lotty/garden. Beans and such can still be direct seeded soon as you get home and you'll get a later crop. Strawberries could be iffy unless they're everbearing.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Long Range gardening
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 19:59 »
Hi Polly,

In case you need to source some plants, there's a fab organic nursery here in York which is also a supported workplace for people with learning difficulties.

PM me if you don't know which one I'm talking about!

Claire
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

gobs

Long Range gardening
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 21:42 »
If you get desperate I can leave some spare seedlings at my in-laws for you to pick up, just yell. :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
LIDL seed range.

Started by Rob the rake on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 12, 2022, 13:32
by cc
xx
It won't be long now!

Started by mumsy on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post January 01, 2009, 23:17
by unaspenser
xx
how long is a LUG?

Started by freyaluck on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post January 23, 2007, 19:43
by fluffypebble
xx
how long.....

Started by celtbhoy on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 17, 2007, 08:46
by Noah'strolly

Page created in 0.769 seconds with 28 queries.