allotment officers

• 2 Replies

peapod

• Pea Goddess
allotment officers
« on: May 08, 2008, 21:27 »
Well after bugging (not much but enough and VERY politely; I am a lady after all :-) ) my local council lottie officer replied to my regular emails to say that he may be able to offer me one soon as warning letters have just gone out.  I'm now rather excited but I dont want to get my hopes up too high!
Should I take this as a 'probably getting one now'? Especially you lottie officers/allocators who know the ropes?

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
allotment officers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 22:38 »
I've no idea how Burnley deals with its plots, so my comments are only possibly right!

First point, it depends on the type of letter which has gone out - a friendly warning giving 4 weeks to start work, a more stern letter giving 4 or fewer weeks notice to make proper progress, a really stern letter giving a week to make progress before the tenancy is terminated ... I could go on but you get the picture!

The council officer probably then needs to wait for the given period before inspecting the site again; I'd expect a further round of letters (or termination notices) to be sent at that stage, depending on the response of the tenants.

Here we have a generous system of letters - probably 3 stages minimum including the termination letter.  Burnley may be different.  

It may well be that it's another month or two before the final position on  these plots is known - and you also need to take into account how many others are above you on the list, if anyone.

However, at the very least, your council officer does appear to be indicating that you are at / near the top of the list - which is reason for hope in itself.  Fingers crossed  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

peapod

• Pea Goddess
allotment officers
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 22:54 »
Brilliant reply (again) thanks yorkie
I have taken it a sign that he knows Im serious also, which is why I sent three-monthly emails to let him know I was still interested
I kinda thought there'd be a waiting time, so wanted a bit of input from here before I germinated seeds I cant plant because itll be too late

Until he gets back to me,I can carry on using my bit on the community garden (which seems to be going well by the way,the bed that was taken off me was given back last saturday :-) )

xx
new allotment

Started by alexroyall85 on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 22:25
by Yorkie
xx
My New Allotment

Started by dickpiggot on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post March 10, 2007, 08:26
by dickpiggot
xx
new allotment

Started by lucia on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post October 04, 2009, 17:11
by Gwiz
xx
New Allotment

Started by Glo on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 12, 2014, 21:28
by colin120

Page created in 0.451 seconds with 36 queries.