noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

• 7 Replies

jonandjen16

just heard the news from the council. we cant move the chooks to the allotment. but we shall fight once more. i rang the allotment assosation again and he has told me to get the local paper involved and contact our mp as they are acting illegaly.

the fight goes on!!!!

compostqueen

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:20 »
you need to see the byelaw (if indeed there is one)  It should be held by whoever you pay your lotty rent to. Ask to read it. They can't stop you

Good luck  :D   Don't get angry, just see that document and if there's nowt in it they can't argue

They say we can't keep on ours but we did the above and found there was no mention of it.  Funny though the council has no objection to a huge battery farm a mere cockstride from our lotties, which belches out the worst stench imagineable  :evil:

bobh

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 23:07 »
Jon don't bother with your MP they don't have any authority with the council, you need to contact one of your local councillors. MP would only pass it on to your councillor.

peggyprice

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 23:10 »
Councillors are usually pretty sensitive to local opinion (pity you've just missed the local election  :? ) - be worth getting as many people as possible on side, particularly those that have a direct interest (ie other allotmenteers on your site and elsewhere in your council area).
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

chicksforkicks

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 02:54 »
Our Subdivision (As I live in the US) have rules that say no poultry or livestock.  :roll:
WE have 12 happy pullets in our backyard :lol:
-If life gives you lemons find someone who got vodka and have a party
-If it doesn't fit;force it. If it breaks; you needed a new one anyway
-Borrow money from pessimist; they don't expect it back

poultrygeist

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 07:54 »
Find out what the actual objections were. They can't just say no on a whim.

You could counter them with a solid argument against all their objections and then come up with additional reasons why you should. Make them look fools !  :)

Rob

jonandjen16

thanks guys
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 21:01 »
thanks for the support.
 our allotment is the otherside of our garden fence so only want to move them 5 metres at most. gonna write letter to local paper asking for any allotment holder who want to keep hens to come foward.

peggyprice

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 21:30 »
Good plan!

Might also be worth gathering info on the councils that don't have a problem - there must be loads of people on this forum that either do or could keep chickens on their allotments.  I know in Sheffield you can keep 6 hens, or 2 ducks, or something else (I think it might be goats but don't quote me!).

Mind you, you can't get an allotment in the first place  :roll:

Page created in 0.548 seconds with 36 queries.