we got chicks!!!

• 7 Replies

milly8

we got chicks!!!
« on: May 02, 2008, 22:51 »
you couldnt make it up if you tried.
having waited to day 25 we were convinced that the eggs that were under our broody werent going to hatch and so we went off to a farm to get some day olds that had hatched this afternoon. have found this amazing place that has alsorts including marons and anaconas.
had a great time with the eggs looking at all and feeding lots of chickens.choose six chicks(had gone for four)and came home.we went out to put them under milly and i was slipping them under her when i felt a broken shell.decided to lift her off as i thought one of the eggs had exploded and what was there but a very newly hatched wet but alive chick!!!!the kids were so excited.i,ve left two other eggs under her as i couldnt see them and didnt want to lift them out in case they hatching too!!!!
only problem now is persuading my hubby to let me keep them and praying they all girls and that they survive.going to be a long night as i,ll be in and out to check them!!!she is so happy and settled and looks so content its lovely.got some fresh sand today so hoping she will have a nice dust bath tomo and i can get the hutch all cleaned up a bit now shes stopped being a mad woman.she seems to trust me as i have been feeding her by hand daily .
MAD MOTHER WITH TOO MANY ANIMALS!!!!!!

mdueal

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.averysmallholding.co.uk/
we got chicks!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 23:50 »
Congratulations!! That is amazing and fantastic for the kids! We had two hatch from incubator on day 23 - two days after the others which was odd!

Foxy

we got chicks!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 11:20 »
wow milly! How wonderful!
erm .....photos please :lol:  :lol:

milly8

we got chicks!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:35 »
the saga continues.boy am i glad that i didnt lift the last two eggs out.just went out with the kids to check how things were.milly decided to go for a little walk and out pops all the chicks!!!! all nine of them.the two last eggs hatched after all!!!!!!! all are eating and pooing normally so hoping that they contiune to thrive .kids are so excited.cant believe that the last two eggs hatched on day 26.couldnt write the story if you tried.i was telling my husband that the kids will remember this day forever!!!! hes now wondering how we can make enough space for them which is good because at least hes thinking about keeping them!!!heres hoping they are girls!!!!!

Vember

we got chicks!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 13:14 »
Ahh Congratulations

Photo's ?????

NormandyMary

we got chicks!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 14:20 »
What a fantastic story. Im so thrilled for you and your family.

Mary.

milly8

sudden death.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 15:45 »
very sadly one of the chicks is dead.was fine this am bout 12.when i went out to check them again about 1.30 and one was dead.milly had moved the other away from the little dead one.very sad but i guess these things happen.i wish i could post pictures but i,m not gd at that .any help gratefully recieved

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
we got chicks!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 18:40 »
Try this Milly

http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?t=8645

Scroll down to the right bit  :D

xx
Help needed with new chicks and about to hatch chicks

Started by jim_148 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 18:08
by jim_148
xx
What age can chicks be mixed with other chicks with no bother?

Started by gracie on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 26, 2011, 07:53
by gracie
xx
Can I put my old chicks next to my young chicks?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 09, 2012, 10:59
by nuzuki
xx
When can I mix my chicks with my older chicks?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 29, 2012, 18:52
by Helenaj

Page created in 1.402 seconds with 31 queries.