What can go outside now?

• 1 Replies

loubylou29

• Experienced Member
What can go outside now?
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:27 »
OK I am running out of greenhouse space (I have a small pop up type one) So I have not put out the lettuce, I think it's frost safe, i am sure it was out last year.
Corgettes have to wait asnother month right? and mange tout? or can they go out too?
Pumpkins and tomatos I also have, I know Toms have to be kept in a while longer..
What else??? I have sown beetroot into the ground and onions and potatos, but now my PS brocoli is nearly finished and I need to eat the spring cabbage,  I need to clear some ground of those and then I will have space again!! it's a funny thing getting the timing right isn't it??
what can go in the garlic bed? autumn planted, should be out in July?
can I pot on the new PSB (into bigger pots) then transplant them in July/ August or will it be very unhappy??

Thanks, learning all the time!

gobs

What can go outside now?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 19:04 »
Mtout can go out - hardened off-, you could maybe try it on under cloches with the courgettes and toms in a couple of weeks time, depending on the weather.
Yes, PSB can be transplanted and that's perfect time for planting out, only depends when you sowed though and how big they are, lol.

After garlic, over -wintering brassica or a summer crop, depends on your rotation really. Or autumn new pots. :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 28 queries.