Dropped all my seedlings

• 5 Replies

ldavison10

Dropped all my seedlings
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:41 »
It was bound to happen. I carried 4 large trays to the greenhouse, got them right to the shelf, then tried to elbow a pot to the side to get them on. Wham, soil and seeds all over the floor. My beautifully labelled veg seeds all mixed up and covered in soil. I dont know whats what. Ive repotted what i suspect is lettuce (because its spindly). Replanting 200 seedlings smaller than cress was going to take an age so i put them in a new pot and covered the all lightly in compost. Hopefully they will poke up through the compost again. Was this the right thing to do? Any advice?

As an aside, i spent an hour and a half putting a wilko's micro irrigation into the greenhouse last night. I was really impressed but remind me to not turn the tap up full when trialing it next time. I spent 10 mins putting pots back on the shelves and wiping the greenhouse down lol.
Thanks

Lee

Alex 98

Tradegy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:49 »
:cry: My sympathies, after the hard bit of germination....you might be lucky with some of them....still time to sow again though
Look on the bright side, better now than at the end of May!

My cats (and the rain) nearly destoyed my tom seedlings yesterday..  another of their nine lives gone....

Alex 98
Alfie's Grandad

chrissie B

Dropped all my seedlings
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 18:25 »
done the same trying to get mine in from a wind that came from no where scrabbling around in the dark and replanting everything in the dark , they are doing fine now although a little slow for my impatients .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

compostqueen

Dropped all my seedlings
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 19:27 »
drives you mad when that happens, and I'm sure we've all done it, or the cat or dog. I tripped with a great tray of loads of different types of pumpkin, all carefully labelled  :roll:

gobs

Dropped all my seedlings
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 19:51 »
I hope you didn't cover them leaf and all with compost, lol, otherwise most should be fine, give them water. I do this performance a lot. :roll:

Will be a bit of guessing game for us , like that, to say which one is what. :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

weeeed

Dropped all my seedlings
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 20:20 »
I usually blame the dogs when in actual fact if I wander round with anything in my hands over it goes :lol:  I opened a new bag of compost picked it up to pour so much into a bowl to mix with vermiculite and all came out all over the floor in the rain!!!! :roll:
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

xx
Gooseberry Fruits Dropped off

Started by Marston on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 11, 2017, 18:39
by Middlesexbloke
xx
Aubergine flower dropped off

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 27, 2012, 21:36
by angelavdavis
xx
Whoops I dropped the packet!

Started by wyandotty on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 07, 2009, 02:03
by iwantanallotment
xx
Why has my raspberry harvest dropped considerably?

Started by herbiegrowsbananas on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post August 12, 2008, 07:33
by DD.

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 36 queries.