Home needed

• 5 Replies

ck2day

• Experienced Member
Home needed
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:33 »
Unfortunately I have had to make the decision to find my French Salmon Faverolle cockerel Colin a new home.  Much as I love him he is making by ex-batts lives a misery, well 3 in particular.  He never seems to leave them in peace and is constantly trying to s**g them.  I did hope he would calm down as he has plenty of girls to choose from (18 of them in fact) but he seems to have a "thing" for these three.  It has got to the point where the poor girls run when they see him coming!

The crowing I can cope with, though I think my neighbours would disagree, but for the sanity of the rest of my hens Colin has to go.

If anyone would be interested in giving him a home please pm me. He is only approx 6 months old so still has a long and useful life before him

Claire

Foxy

Home needed
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42 »
Oh thats a shame! Bigfoot has three girls and hes such a gentleman with them, he hardly ruffles their feathers!
I hope you can rehome Colin he is a lovely looking cockerel!

Perhaps a smaller boy next time? Bantam faverolles are rather nice, as well as pekin cockerels perhaps? You might get someone to swop him maybe? Good luck!

ck2day

• Experienced Member
Home needed
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 14:24 »
This is Colin the day we got him, looking a tadge soggy as he had disappeared down the field to inspect his new home!

Oliveview

Home needed
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 22:01 »
What is it about Colins????? We had exactly the same problem with our Colin, he´s now crowing at the neighbours, although how much longer he will crow for I don´t know :(
Good luck with re-homing your handsome Colin, I must say he is far better looking than my Colin.
Pamela

ck2day

• Experienced Member
Home needed
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 21:05 »
Colin now has a new home. He has gone to a farm park in Lincolnshire to keep some ladies company. If he doesn't settle the guy that looks after the hens is going to take him home as he has 60 other chickens of various breeds and used to have some Faverolles.

Feel happy now that Colin has a new home where he will be happy and won't end up in the oven!!  And my ex-batts can go back to having a peaceful life minus Colin and his amorous advances !! :oops:

Claire

Foxy

Home needed
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 21:32 »
What good news! So glad hes gone to a good home! Perhaps he just got over excited??? :lol:  :lol:

xx
new home needed

Started by naturesparadise on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post August 04, 2008, 21:26
by naturesparadise
xx
If ever i needed help!They are home.

Started by FRUITFULL on The Hen House

99 Replies
Last post April 19, 2009, 21:06
by FRUITFULL
xx
New home desparately needed for 4 or 5 hens

Started by Kym503 on The Hen House

43 Replies
Last post December 11, 2008, 14:40
by Jellyhead
xx
URGENT HELP PLEASE- HOME FOR 4 GIRLS NEEDED NOW! LINCOLNSHIRE AREA

Started by Dabhand on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 06, 2011, 09:21
by joyfull

Page created in 0.535 seconds with 36 queries.