wasting my time

• 14 Replies

naturesparadise

wasting my time
« on: April 15, 2008, 16:32 »
i planted some onions yesterday i have replanted them 23 times

they just dug them up the landlords birds that is

also i found a packet of carrots in the greenhouse last year so i planted them and a good amount come up what happened they have eaten them and dug them up

so looks like all my crops will have to grow in the green house

he dont want me to use nets as the birds may get tangled in it  :roll:

this landlord is starting to work on my last nerve  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
wasting my time
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 16:49 »
Hi NP!  this landlord sounds like a right pain in the rump!!!!  Without revealing too many details you don't want to disclose, can you tell us a little about your situation, so we can perhaps advise you a bit better?

Do you live on a big country estate, like in the gate house or something?  So what constitutes your garden?   Why do the landlord's birds keep digging up your plants?

OK, I can see he doesn't want his precious birds geting tangled in your nets, but then he should let you put up some fencing of some sort.  Does he not want you to grow veggies?  

Can't you move, or get an allotment or something so you don't have all these problems?

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
wasting my time
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 16:49 »
What about using horticultural fleece instead? It will protect the crops until they get established and you won't have to worry about the birds getting tangled.

naturesparadise

wasting my time
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 17:03 »
Quote from: "GrannieAnnie"
Hi NP!  this landlord sounds like a right pain in the rump!!!!  Without revealing too many details you don't want to disclose, can you tell us a little about your situation, so we can perhaps advise you a bit better?

Do you live on a big country estate, like in the gate house or something?  So what constitutes your garden?   Why do the landlord's birds keep digging up your plants?

OK, I can see he doesn't want his precious birds geting tangled in your nets, but then he should let you put up some fencing of some sort.  Does he not want you to grow veggies?  

Can't you move, or get an allotment or something so you don't have all these problems?

my situation is as follows

we lived on a caravan park in cumbria but the landlord there lied to us and others and kicked us all out

after 3 days on the phone we found this place its a holiday / residential park

we live in a 30 ft static caravan  when we phoned him he said he did residential lettings but when we got here he would not give us a lease

so we have to pay the rent our selves and its a £110 week and TBO  we are a bit behind

so his giving it large to us when he comes to collect it

you see my siss has OCD and its hard to find anywhere were she will stay

she wont live in a house so its hard to move

plus we have no funds at all

as far as i have been told there are no allotments around here
and i have no car only one bus per day

he said i could use that bit of ground with the greenhouse on however it seems i cant do anything he dont like or think is worth doing

but the prob is if we dont keep him sweet he can just say get off and we have no were to go so

we have to bite our tung and not upset him he blasted me mum last week over rent

my mum and dad are on a pension and i only get £46 a week working tax so what dose he expect us to do

life sucks for us most of the time  :cry:  :cry:

iwantanallotment

wasting my time
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 18:09 »
It sounds an awful situation, I'm sorry you're having these problems  :(
The rent is a horrendous amount. I'd advise that you look into claiming Housing Benefit, due to the family's combined low income. £110 a week must be a fortune for you to find.
As for the veg, I'd agree with gregmcalister & use horticultural fleece - harmless to birds etc, but will keep them off and protect your plants from other nasties too, besides frost.
If you have a Poundland or similar nearby you can pick up a pack for - yes - £1  :D
Good luck, I really hope things improve for you.

naturesparadise

wasting my time
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 18:18 »
you cant claim Housing Benefit with out a lease and he wont give us one we asked

but he says he cant cos this is a holiday home and yet he tells us we are residential

bally

wasting my time
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 18:34 »
i would go to the council as he is breaking the law by not supply you with a lease, he could make you leave when he feels like it as it sounds that the park is holiday let and he is pulling a fast one, so protect yourself by seeing the council or citizens advice :wink:

wighty

wasting my time
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 18:43 »
I would be a bit careful, over here you can be residential on the caravan parks that are classed as holiday parks, but have to move off for I think it's two months in the year.  You would then become liable for Council Tax etc, so really look into the residential bit.

iwantanallotment

wasting my time
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 19:03 »
I can vouch for this. My brother's sister-in-law bought a holiday home on a Haven site several years ago and lives there most of the year - but has to vacate it for a certain number of weeks each year and live somewhere else during that time.
I'm asking my brother for more specific details, will update when he gets back to me  :wink:

Ok, he got back to me quicker than I thought.
His sister-in-law's site is closed 2 months per year - otherwise it would be classed as a 'residential site' and involve lots of legal obligations.
I'm not sure how that affects you - maybe that's why he can't give you a 'lease'?

poultrygeist

wasting my time
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 19:32 »
Sounds like he gets some rent in while things are quiet but prob doesn't declare it.

Sorry to hear your predicament NP. I knew you weren't happy with your situation. Sounds a bit more serious than we realised.

citizens advice sounds a good idea of you haven't already been there. You can remain anonymous if you want though they're not likely to drop you in it anyway.

Bound to be someone on here who works for benefits or similar and can offer some help.
Keep battling. Any of us could be in the same situation with a run of bad luck. And you never know what might happen if you get a lucky break.

Rob

jack russell

wasting my time
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 21:27 »
well i thought i had all the problems in the world but it seems not  :shock:  I really wish i could help you out of your situation but i know little of the legalities of caravan parks etc.   I trust someone on here will be able to give some concrete advise soon.   Your honesty and openness may be to your favour in this case :wink: i got a feeling in my bones :shock:

take care for now i am sure you will be in a better position soon :wink:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
wasting my time
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 22:18 »
Oh NP, what a mess!  There must be something you can do, like the others said, have you tried CAB?  or a solicitor?  there is a scheme where you can get an initial half hour consultation from many solicitors for ree or for £5.  It used to be called the green card scheme.

Don't let the b*****d get away with it.

Just don't let them get you down!  I must admit my situations have never been quite as bad as yours, but I never gave up, and although I don't have any spare money, at least I've got the house and decent sized garden to work in.

If you love gardening so much, have you tried getting a job as a gardener?  some people still employ gardeners and you can live in, even if your Mum and Dad and sister had to stay in the caravan, you'd be able to help out a bit moneywise and maybe get the owners to let you have some land for your veggie growing?????  Just a thought!!!!!

naturesparadise

wasting my time
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 23:03 »
there is one thing ill never do is give up even when i want to

but i must admit i am getting tired of fighting all the time but i have to keep going

but it is getting harder

but thats life

thank you all for your advice its most welcome

poultrygeist

wasting my time
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 23:08 »
Good man

People who give up are gauranteed to fail.

Your family's lucky to have you with them.

Rob

jack russell

wasting my time
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 23:22 »
there was someone on here not so long ago looking for a live in gardener in Wales (I THINK) if not here OTG only places i frequent  :wink:

xx
Plants on sale at my local garden centre - would I just be wasting my money?

Started by Paulj on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post October 18, 2011, 16:59
by JohnB47
xx
Lottie Time Vs Work Time

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2007, 07:49
by crowndale
xx
Looks like my time is up

Started by chris mutter on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post November 10, 2020, 11:12
by Grubbypaws
xx
How Much Time?

Started by Glen on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post February 01, 2008, 22:40
by gobs

Page created in 0.506 seconds with 37 queries.