we had a good day on the lottie yesterday

• 1 Replies

fibilou

• Experienced Member
  • I love life !!
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:38 »
Hubs finished the Anti Rabbit Defence System  :lol: of chicken netting underpinned with thick builders black roofing stuff complete with fancy gate made out of a pallet.

We got our potatoes in, two rows of main crop and two half rows of something random that hubs picked up in a garden centre.

Pakchoi are looking great and are now planted out in one of the baths complete with a netting "cage"

We acquired a gooseberry bush and a blackcurrant for our fruit cage, Woolies strawberries and raspberries are coming on a pace. Sadly one of the rhubarb plants has given up the ghost, the second is looking rather sad but the crown we planted first is doing really well.

Sowed some more lettuce as the first tray (my first crop !) is now nearly ready for harvesting.

Our asparagus plants have got a couple of new shoots each, but it's only their second year (bought from nursery) so I won't be cutting them

We got chatting with one of the old boys on one of the "show plots" who gave us lots of tips for our peas and sweetcorn.

We have acquired a heated propagator from my Dad who has upgraded to a thermostatic one. Also bought some cheapy compost, seed pots, trays and propogators from ASDA - at £1.77 for 2 propagator trays with lids, not bad at all

Love is.... our lottie  :tongue2:
Happy, hippy mama with a love of baking, gardening and cake decorating

compostqueen

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 10:43 »
great stuff. Sounds like you had a productive day. We had snow and heavy rain, plus it was really cold  :(

Very cold again today but at least it's not raining.

xx
Apple tree(s). Which are good for a lottie?

Started by She'sinthegarden on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 17, 2008, 16:16
by londongardener
xx
I got a greenhouse yesterday!

Started by funkydelia on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 07, 2009, 16:28
by Ice
xx
A really nice day yesterday

Started by Oscar Too on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post November 19, 2007, 16:03
by brucesgirl
xx
Flies got me yesterday

Started by NASH on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post February 29, 2012, 20:25
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.443 seconds with 36 queries.