what next??

• 2 Replies

tiredmum

• http://www.tiredmumof6.blogspot.com
what next??
« on: April 13, 2008, 18:48 »
I've just planted my potatoes...keeping my fingers crossed that they grow! Im going to go and start clearing and digging the next bed tomorrow...any tips on what I should be planting next? I have sunflowers, leeks, spring onions, sweetcorn, peas, lettuce all still in seed form. Any of these or should I be aiming for something else?
I'm very new to all this so any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Cazz x

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
what next??
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 19:04 »
Easy answer - all of them.

Personally I'd start them all inside, except the peas, but you could even do those if you wished - depends how many!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

gobs

what next??
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 19:28 »
Yes, the peas, lettuce and spring onion can go outside nowish, depending on your local conditions, I'm also sowing outdoors carrots, root parsley, parsnip, radish, spinach, sorrel, all sort of salad leaves, sweet peas, beetroot and broad beans.

Brassica things can be sown in a cold frame.

And all sorts can be started indoors now I give an exception to cucumber, courgette and runner or French beans, which still can wait a bit.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 30 queries.