Tomato plant warning.

• 7 Replies

vegmandan

Tomato plant warning.
« on: April 12, 2008, 19:37 »
I've just been to 2 of my local "Big" DIY stores today and couldn't believe my eyes to see they had got all their tomato plants outside without any protection either day or night.

Although they didn't look too bad they will surely have been badly checked and stressed by the constant freezing cold weather we've had lately.

So I wouldn't recommend anybody buying similar plants from their local stores if they've been given a similar treatment. :D

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Tomato plant warning.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 19:45 »
Had to go & lie down in a darkened room at the thought of BUYING plants! :lol:  :lol:
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

wellybabe

Tomato plant warning.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 20:28 »
I also saw some outside B&Q in a hailstorm yesterday - don`t fancy their chances. :cry:

My little tommys are half the size - and although they are in a mini greenhouse they have the protection of the house wall as well as the fleece cover on top.
Everyday is the dawn of a new error...

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Tomato plant warning.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 20:32 »
Quote from: "DD."
Had to go & lie down in a darkened room at the thought of BUYING plants! :lol:  :lol:

Tight wad  :lol:  I'm hoping to sell some of mine this year, bet the council will put me tax up  :roll:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

crowndale

Tomato plant warning.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 20:37 »

Me too!  Am just tonite potting on some babies and sowing some more, well that'll be tomorrow.  I'd rather sow all my seed and give away surplus than buy plants from anyone, except for things like trees and canes etc.  Am having great success this year so far with the exception of melons non of which have germinated, but everything else has, though the peas in pots aren't doing too well, just hope it isn't an omen for those that go direct in the ground when it dries up!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

gobs

Tomato plant warning.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 21:50 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"

Tight wad  :lol:  I'm hoping to sell some of mine this year, bet the council will put me tax up  :roll:

If they have stem rot , they jolly well should. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

mumsy

Tomato plant warning.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 22:13 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"

Me too!! have about 50 on the go at the mo......need to pay for new chook food somehow :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Tomato plant warning.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 22:15 »
This darkened room is getting crowded! :lol:

xx
Better not plant anything tender out. FROST WARNING!

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

143 Replies
Last post June 08, 2015, 09:39
by madcat
clip
Tomato plant

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 04, 2022, 18:25
by Growster...
clip
Tomato plant

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 19, 2022, 09:19
by JayG
xx
Tomato plant

Started by Scullion on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2011, 21:12
by DD.

Page created in 1.118 seconds with 37 queries.