Keeping the Fox off

• 8 Replies

plot36

Keeping the Fox off
« on: April 08, 2008, 20:22 »
I would like some advice please to do with a Fox.

I have prepared my Runner Bean bed by digging a trench filled it with newspaper and scrapes (that usually get composted) and than backed filled with the soil.

The problem I have is that there is many footprints in this bed made I am confident they were made by the fox. If he is walking over them now, when I come to put the beans in they will be crushed.

I need deter this fox now so by the time my beans go in he will not bother them.

I’m sure he can smell the food peelings ect I never had this last year but this year the fox has taken a liking to my plot this is not the first time I have already lost around ten broad beans by him digging them up or walking all over.

At this rate I will need one giant gage for the whole plot.

Any advice ideas?

Thank you

Denise

babe

• elvis king of chooks
Keeping the Fox off
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 20:33 »
shoot it, fox fur wellie boot liners...lovely :wink:

Larry the lep

Keeping the Fox off
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 20:35 »
hi i used human pee in the garden and it worked  i peed in a bottle and pured it all over were the fox was useing it as a run
Dam those danceing fox cubs

jack russell

Keeping the Fox off
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 20:37 »
all you can do is put mesh there so it cant walk there or try to prevent it getting in in the first place or SHOOT IT  :twisted: whatever is easiest for you
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

iwantanallotment

Keeping the Fox off
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 20:44 »
If you use the wee deterrent Denise, it has to be 'man wee' - not enough testosterone in ours. So pass hubby a bottle & ask nicely  :lol:

Big Jen

Keeping the Fox off
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 20:54 »
A 12 bore is the best solution.  :evil:
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

mashauk

Keeping the Fox off
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 21:10 »
They normally dig our spuds up but then get bored after about a week, if he's not doing any harm I'd leave him be, or leave some toys out for him, not that if worked for us, we left balls out for him as he's so playful but he still prefers to dig our spuds up.

mkhenry

Keeping the Fox off
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 00:38 »
The W** trick works if it man W** , plus it will not harm him in any way. Just spread it around your plot. Make sure that you cover the entance you think he may use, follow his trail and cover his exit route. :wink:

Not everybody has got a gun and not everybody wants to kill foxes.  Remember that the fox will help keep mice and birds away, so unless you have chooks perhaps its best to tolerate his/her visits. :wink:
However if you have chooks that is what he is after and you must deter him in anyway possible otherwise you may lose all of your stock in one night. :twisted:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

weeeed

Keeping the Fox off
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 10:07 »
My fox (we call him and her Emily) likes to watch as I put peelings etc in just so he knows where to dig later. I haven't the heart to tell him off as he also eats slugs and is quite soothing company. ats!  Especially the crows and the feathered rats!  Especially the crows and the feathered rats!   :wink:
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

xx
Bee Keeping

Started by teflon on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 18, 2009, 20:31
by Doodle
xx
Keeping it together !!!

Started by Grif on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 28, 2008, 22:27
by Grif
xx
Keeping off the pests!

Started by skywalker on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post April 10, 2007, 20:28
by WG.
xx
Keeping the cat off the veg patch

Started by AlistairMcLennan on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post April 14, 2012, 20:52
by Ice

Page created in 0.81 seconds with 37 queries.