Am i the only one?

• 17 Replies

digital_biscuit

• Experienced Member
Am i the only one?
« on: April 08, 2008, 12:29 »
Just a quick question to ensure i am not massively late, but is there anyone else who hasnt sown anything yet??

naturesparadise

Re: Am i the only one?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 12:33 »
Quote from: "digital_biscuit"
Just a quick question to ensure i am not massively late, but is there anyone else who hasnt sown anything yet??

yeah me i dont have anything to sow i have no seed at all

weeeed

Am i the only one?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:37 »
Oh bless, I'm half way inbetween the two of you in that I seem to have sown loads but still have loads to go. Why have you no seeds? Would you like some and if so what type in particular. I may have spare. Jan :wink:  :wink:  :roll:
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

iwantanallotment

Am i the only one?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 12:41 »
I have lots spare too, shame to waste them - you're very welcome to anything I've got  :)

naturesparadise

Am i the only one?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 13:06 »
Quote from: "weeeed"
Why have you no seeds? :

cos im broke and cant buy them  :cry:

Oliveview

Am i the only one?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 13:30 »
What seeds do you need to plant?  I´ve some  ´spare´ seeds
Pamela

compostqueen

Am i the only one?
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 13:32 »
I sowed a few carrots and spring onions weeks ago but no spuds in yet etc

freyaluck

• Experienced Member
Am i the only one?
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 13:38 »
I have spare seeds to. Just pm me and I will send you a load. Mosly brasicas as I dont loke them not sure why I bought the seed :roll:  also parsnip and carrot a few toms.
Frey
Carlie- The nutty one
Now totally ORGANIC and using permaculture design.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Am i the only one?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 13:41 »
Naaah mate, I am only just starting to get into the swing of things, tats still to go in, this has been delayed due to SNOW in APRIL, (what climate change :roll: ) The only things int grownd is broad beans, peas, garlic and shallots, tho reckon in 2 weeks a stack more will be in.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

muddywellies

• Experienced Member
Am i the only one?
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 14:06 »
Am relieved to hear I'm not the only one. Every weekend we intend to get the 1st early (hah!) spuds in and some carrots/parsnips/beetroot sown, only for it to be freezing/snowing/raining/blowing a gale <sigh>. Maybe this weekend eh? Is there a point at which you should just stick them in anyway, regardless of conditions? Otherwise, at this rate, nothing's EVER going to get planted/sown up our plot  :cry: As a newbie, it's all very disheartening. I just can't imagine getting any kind of harvest  :(

digital_biscuit

• Experienced Member
Am i the only one?
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 14:39 »
I was new to the allotment last year and had massive probs with soil and greenhouse so my spuds went in at the correct time (dont remember what that was off the top of my head) but everything else went in in May!! Even though they were late and the summer was dodo i still managed one of the best yields on the plot!

Was only concerned about being late due to the abundance of photos and what people have sown!!

Wildeone

Am i the only one?
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 15:10 »
It was only 4 weeks ago that everyone was saying to slow down so you can't be too far behind! :wink:
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

polly nator

• Experienced Member
Am i the only one?
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 15:18 »
yes - me - I was abroad and weather too cold when I got back. Intend to start this week.

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
Am i the only one?
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 15:29 »
I did sow leeks, cabbage and chilli indoors back in April but an unfortunate "accident" meant that they were all killed so I've started again. I sowed more leeks, cabbage, PSB, romanesco, peas at the weekend there in a home made cold frame and I'll sow some more peas/mange tout/beans, kale (cavalo nero), courgettes, pumpkin at the end of this month/beginning of next.  The chillies will need to be started soon indoors in the propagator and I've yet to buy some tomatoes to sow.  It is still pretty chilly up here especially the last few nights - so it's not really good growing conditions yet.

Trillium

Am i the only one?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 15:35 »
Despite our different weather conditions, my Cdn planting time is almost identical to the UK time. In less than a week we went from mounds of snow to yesterday where I was digging out weeds, pruning roses, etc. I've only just got my tom and pepper seeds started and now transplanted but still in the house. In another 2 weeks I can probably direct seed a lot of things, so those who feel they're late, don't. Gardeners are far too anxious to plant too early so that seeds can sulk in cold, wet soil.

Page created in 0.465 seconds with 36 queries.