GRRRR I got to have a rant :(

• 18 Replies

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« on: April 03, 2008, 14:34 »
Having been allocated my two half plots at end of feb me n my OH have cleared and then placed raised beds and a new shed on the first plot 5 whilst keeping grass etc down on plot 6. Recieved tenancy agreement papers through post this morning and we have now been allocated plots 6 and 7 as plot 5 had already been allocated :(( How on earth do you move a shed that has been attached via very long hefty nails to huge heavy pallets permanently across to a totally different plot.....grrr I'm so angry at the minute I could blow a gasket or two and how come this happened in the first place?

Swee'pea

Alfie

• Experienced Member
    • Chester Vintage Enthusiasts Club
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 14:44 »
Ring the Council straight away & tell them what you've done.
I would have thought the could swap the plots
Graham

Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 14:54 »
just tried to ring the allotment officer and got answer phone :( Now that I've taken a few deep breathes and calmed down a bit I am in a state of panic. There's no way I can move the shed across unless I can get a small platoon of the local thugs to come help me pull it across with ropes and I certainly don't want to let someone else have my shed :(

What a mess!

only plus point is that it's been too wet n the site too heavy to dig or all me potatoes n onions would have been planted in it too

nobby

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 15:20 »
phone agane and tell them that you have alredy planted some crops in the ground that works a treet
find out who has the other plots and try some frendly negotiations
no need to panic

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 15:25 »
It may have been a genuine mistake but I'm sceptical. Our lot do this and then keep changing their minds and messing prospective tenants about

You've erected your shed and since then no-one has turned up to claim it. Possession is 9/10's of the law. Stick to your guns politely but firmly and being as you're already installed, and they've cocked up, put the onus back on them to relocate the other party to another plot

Don't yield  :twisted:

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 16:36 »
your quite right CQ and I'm not going to yield although I popped down there a few mins back and some nosey s*d has been into my shed for a look around and helped themselves to my tool hooks I had left there to put up tomorrow :( Padlock I bought is too big to go through loop on the present shed closure thingy so looks like one of the surrounding neighbours has sticky fingers :( Not necessarily allotment owners but people living in houses around the alootment perimeter. The list of things I'll be having a polite chat with the allotment officer about is growing ever longer lol

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 17:05 »
I'm sorry your allotment experience has got off to a bad start - on our site Larry the rep really helps new tenants get settled in. He was helping a new chap put up his shed the other day.

Unfortunately not all reps are so minded and council employees who don't have a lotty haven't a clue about why it matters if you have plot 5 or 6 - they're all plots, after all  :?

Light fingered human rats are everywhere - sad but true.

I'm sure you'll get sorted soon and when you're eating your first crops you'll be a lot happier.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 17:10 »
I'm remaining positive at present John ( coz that's me nature :tongue2:) but as you rightly say it could put off a new allotment holder but hey ho.....it'll all come right in the end and I'll have me padlock on me shed this weekend come h*ll or high water :) BTW loving the book :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 17:18 »
Glad you're enjoying the book at least :)

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 18:05 »
Think the problem is our allotments are small and no one has been working them for a longterm, regular period of time ( probably due to the 'sticky fingered' brigade living around the site. We don't have an allotment 'oldie' to give us advice or help us out. Never mind, I'm stubborn so could be I'll end up the one giving the help and advice in years to come ;D

wellybabe

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 22:03 »
Hi Swee `Pea

Sorry about the problems with your new plot - I hope you get to sort it out; if I had a new shed just put on the plot the last thing I would do would dismantle it and move it for anybody.  It`s their mistake let them sort it out.

Good Luck
Everyday is the dawn of a new error...

woodburner

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 00:04 »
Never mind the numbers, what does the map say? In my limited experience the map either has no relation to the actual layout or is non-existant ;)
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 09:59 »
Quote from: "woodburner"
Never mind the numbers, what does the map say? In my limited experience the map either has no relation to the actual layout or is non-existant ;)

I've never seen one but will ask today as i'm going to go in and try to speak to the allotment officer personally.

Poolfield2

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 22:03 »
Hope all went well today and that you can keep your plot and shed where they are. :!:

Jeanieblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 11:12 »
Don't forget to let us know what happens. Good luck! Do you want us to get a bus up and come and organise a sit in?
Still glowing, still growing, still going strong!

xx
Cat poo - GRRRR!!!

Started by adri on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post April 14, 2019, 09:41
by Jax64
xx
No Parsnips! grrrr

Started by GrannieAnnie on Grow Your Own

35 Replies
Last post May 17, 2015, 15:21
by snowdrops
xx
Grrrr BLIGHT.

Started by Nicki85 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 15, 2011, 21:58
by NASH
xx
more sweetcorn problems! grrrr

Started by andyf75 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 18, 2012, 11:10
by andyf75

Page created in 0.792 seconds with 36 queries.